What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got into college!!!

I just got my acceptance letter from the University of Georgia (home of the freakishly large N. x dyeriana that devoured the carnivorous plant section of the horticultural greenhouse)

I'm going to major in horticulture (yes there are jobs in this field :-)) )

Congrats Slurm!!! You'll have a great time, I'm sure - enjoy your college years!

Capslock

Congrats! Enjoy your college years to the fullest... So much opportunity :) So much "talent". Lol

congrats College is a blast, the undergrad years in particular.

Way to go! Was Georgia your first choice?

xvart.

Congrats!

Congratulations Slurm!

Congratulations! :boogie:

I'm still waiting on all of mine... I won't hear until March...

Consider yourself very lucky!

-J.P.

College years are the best...all 10 of 'em! ;)

congrats!

Yes, UGA was my 1st choice

Hey, cool you got accepted--I'm a junior at UGA myself. Was majoring in Water & Soil Resources but have now switched to history. With the drought there's been a pretty substantial decline in the horticulture business and a lot of people have had to take pretty bad hits (ex. Pike's). That said, UGA's CAES is a great school and you escape the HUGENESS of 35k people. Being in the CAES felt to me like a much smaller school, and people are friendly, small classes, cool labs, etc. etc.

And make sure to enjoy your time in the CP greenhouse--I haven't gone and seen it yet :down: .

Back