User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: off shoot of the Ron Paul thread.....USA the worlds police force.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because i have yet to see anything run by the USA government run smoothly and efficiantly. especially something as large as a nation wide health care system. it would a a worthless hell hole of beurocracy inside 20 years.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s not a reason - its an excuse. Don’t try to improve the system because we will inevitably screw it up because other countries are more "efficient" than ours?

There is nothing inherently better about their governments, there is no inherent flaw in ours that makes it “screw up” everything. I don’t see why we should trust private companies any more than they government because they exist to make money, and that and total coverage conflict. Private insurance organizations understand “supply and demand” very well – cut supply by restricting coverage so more money can stay in pocket. I dont trust the government to have our best interests out either, but, the two together might be better than one or the other on its own.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The proof is in the product. Like you said, our universities/medical schools are the best in the world. Ergo, they produce the best doctors in the world. Sure, you could go find a list of countries with the "best" healthcare systems, but since they all factor in unequal coverage, the US is ranked low. If someone did a study only on the efficacy of new med tech, at what rate its being developed, and the competancy/knowledge of our doctors, we would be number #1, with a huge gap, then #2, etc. Yeah, the system is pretty decent in scandanavian countries, but they also pay 50% taxes, and cap doctor salaries. Doctors are in the top 3% of brainpower in the country....they're all smart enough to make a ton of money doing other jobs. If we had something like New Zealand, where there is a 50% tax, and doctor salaries are capped at 250k, how many people do you think would be doctors? Not very many....and there's already a shortage...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    That’s not a reason - its an excuse. Don’t try to improve the system because we will inevitably screw it up because other countries are more "efficient" than ours?

There is nothing inherently better about their governments, there is no inherent flaw in ours that makes it “screw up” everything. I don’t see why we should trust private companies any more than they government because they exist to make money, and that and total coverage conflict. Private insurance organizations understand “supply and demand” very well – cut supply by restricting coverage so more money can stay in pocket. I dont trust the government to have our best interests out either, but, the two together might be better than one or the other on its own.

it is a legitimate reason Finch. once we have a program going no matter if it f's up we cant get rid of it. everyone knows the welfare program is broken but we do nothing about it, we are paying into social security which we will never see, yet no one fixes it. if we bring in some sort of socialized medicine, and it doesnt work, no one is going to fix it, we will keep throwing money at it, hope the majority dont notice to bad but do nothing to fix the problems. show me that we can fix welfare so that we can get rid of 90% of the leeches, show me that we can fix social security so that im actually likely to see a return by the time im 65. THEN i might be interested at looking at some sort of socialized medicine program. Our government has a history of not fixing things to get rid of freeloaders because it might screw with there chances of getting re-elected. your right Caps i may be paying more for what im getting now but atleast i have options including one to completely opt out of paying any insurance at all. once we have a socialized medicine program i dont get to opt out. even if its not 100% socialized, and i choose to go with insurance, my taxes will still go up to pay for the program im not using.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567