What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I officialy a Nerd? (early X-mas)

I'm still looking for an 11th edition Encyclopedia Brittanica set... I thought I got lucky today and someone was dropping off some "old" EB's. It was the 13th edition! The hunt continues.

xvart.

What's an encyclopedia? :0o:

For christmas, I'm getting a grow chamber (my dad tracked down a 150 gallon aquarium with a "slight defect" at a tropical fish store with a 70% discount) and parts for my new battlebot!

For my birthday a few weeks ago I got bootleg Chrono Trigger and Earthbound shirts.
I win the nerd contest!:banana2:

I figure that if you're chatting on this board, you probably are a pretty big nerd to some degree. I know I am. I asked for the entire series of Star Trek: The Next Generation for christmas, but I have a feeling I'm not getting it.

I asked for an insect net (with telescoping handle!), insect mounting supplies, and hiking gear. Any guess what I'm starting grad school for this January? ;) (that is, if they would put my paperwork through so I could sign up for classes!)

I'm asking for the Shostakovich symphonies, Kabelevsky cello concerto, and the piano works of Janecek. I'm also asking for books on physics, and Nepenthes (of course!). I guess I'm sort of a nerd too. yay for nerds!:boogie:

Well I got a wireless router,a flash card, a small order of drosera
\and thats about it. But my mom who day trades stocks is going to give me some money for day trading and I'll combine it with my savings....
I figure if I screw up some and earn almost nothing(break even) after a few months if I earn 5% on $1000 (if I get experienced enough) then I could do some successfull day trading and occasionally scrape of of money for cps :D
Well if it was summer i'd buy 50 feet of 4 inch abs piping,a sump pump,timer,ph adjust,ph paper,nutrient,netted baskets,a couple bags of hydrotron and other stuff to grow leafy vegis and maybe do some bucket tomatoes :-))
Well I am sorta nerdy,I have been spending hours on MAYA modeling a stupid motorcycle helment :crazy: And I used to do alot of electronics stuff.
Oh I forgot my romaine lettuce is doing great :)

I'm asking for a MH for my growshelf, hanging baskets and soil, and N. rokko x spectabilis.
Nepenthes nerds rule!

MH lights are nice !!!!
I like neps but my dad is restrictive,he still thinks I am using $40 or so on power for 5 cfls !!!!!!

I'm getting an Ommegang beer gift box & a case of Zapp's chips. The chips were supposed to be a surprise, but I remember my wife asking which flavors I like best and then a couple weeks later she told me to not to look if UPS delivered a box.

last year my mom got me plants that I said needed a terrarium to live, so she took my terrarium, moved it up to her room, and forbid me to go there.
Oh, and today's my Nepenthes anniversary! 2 years ago on this very day, I found my first Nepenthes, vent x talangensis, "hidden" on top of the toilet :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Happy holidays everyone!

Back