What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone with computer know-how help me?

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    send

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I'm trying to send mp4 videos to my PS3 wirelessly. How can I do this? I tried googling but I just get stuff about wireless controllers and Xbox live.....

hmm
you need to make sure your computer is set up to openly share streamed files with other computers/devices in the house
i dont know much about PS3 but it should have an option to configure your wireless network.
make sure it is connected to your network, and there may be software required to download, similar to XBOX 360's wireless media pack.
after that is done you should be able to do anything you want.
i use MP4 on my zune ;p

Yeah.... I've got a Linksys router set up and my connection is good. I can go online with it and stuff... I'm just computer illiterate and don't know what to do lol.

Connecting PS3 to wireless network

Or if you have a USB drive why not transfer the files that way? The drive has to be formatted in FAT32 as the PS3 doesn't support NTFS (default format for XP).

I'm trying to send mp4 videos to my PS3 wirelessly. How can I do this? I tried googling but I just get stuff about wireless controllers and Xbox live.....

You need to go to 'My Network Places'. There it will list all the computers on the network (usually MSHOME), and should list the PS3. Then just browse into the PS3 computer and drag and drop the files you want.

If you're house isn't setup on a network, you need to run the network wizard and choose a network (MSHOME by default) to show up on.

NAN, I already did all that lol. Right now I'm just making a data CD and playing it that way.. but it's not really my preference. Like, my Ps3 is connected to the internet via the router. The wireless bit is working fine. I can go to youtube or here or wherever on my Ps3, but I don't know how to get the files from my PC to my PS3 wirelessly.

Outsiders, thanks for the help. In my network places it just says "My web sites in MSN"

Outsiders, thanks for the help. In my network places it just says "My web sites in MSN"

Well apparently you can't do what you want yet with the PS3:

Taken from: http://www.ps3chat.com/playstation-3-hardware/1416-ps3-network-hardware-faq.html

"Q5. Can I transfer files over the network between my PS3 and my computer?
Generally speaking, no. However, there are a few ways to do it, but most of the methods involve homebrew software published by un-trusted third-party sources, and I would highly recommend for you to stay away from them. Until Sony or a big third party publisher releases something, transferring of files between your PC and your PS3 should be done with a USB storage device… or over Linux."

Back