What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's your favorite subject

• Thread starter tbone
  • Start date
My favorites were biology and art. I also loved music...I actually almost was a music major instead of biology.

My favorite class changed as I went through school. But it was never English.

EdaxFlamma, I think I have heard her name mentioned before.

Wow! I wish I could get back in contact with her... If you hear the name again or find anything else out could you keep me posted?

Thanks!
-John Paul

My favorite class in high school was second year Algebra. I did very well in most of my classes, but it was surprising to me how I did so well in classes that I didn't enjoy (like chemistry).

In high school, I didn't like the sciences so much, but now that I am in college Biology classes are my favorites. I still don't like Chemistry though....

I hate math. My calculus teacher gave my class a cumulative pop test today which I know I failed. At least this semester I can exempt finals because final exam exemption is a senior privelage at my high school. I still have to take AP exams, though.

At least you don't have my math teacher. He draws diagrams and writes formulas on the board at the speed of light (pain if you want to take notes!), talks about calculus at length when the subject is geometry, forgets to give us important information in the homework, fails to do his own homework problems, gives assignments before telling us how to do them, and then randomly starts talking about Tai Chi.

evolution and classification of plants and organic evolution were the best

At least you don't have my math teacher. He draws diagrams and writes formulas on the board at the speed of light (pain if you want to take notes!), talks about calculus at length when the subject is geometry, forgets to give us important information in the homework, fails to do his own homework problems, gives assignments before telling us how to do them, and then randomly starts talking about Tai Chi.
You forgot nanotechnology and comic drawing.:crazy:

Manual Drafting, Architecture, and Physics.

xvart.

my math teacher is cool. He tells drunken irish jokes, he puts math jokes on random papers, we sometimes have 'group tests', he plays online poker while we take tests, and says the following quotes:
"im happier than a cat with two tails"
"that's outta there like vladimir"
"My mom use to say to me, rationalize that denominator"
"....like a christmas/ Hanika(can't spell) /Kwanzaas miracle"
"Well, i have to include all these different cultures, we are a community of caring after all"
"This is gonna turn out uglier than my prom date"
"I love fractions....but decimals are people too"
"I'm tried of drawing asymptotes all day"
"I'll give you a hint, it rhythms with shamplititude.....that's right, amplititude"

My i hate my english teacher, here are some of his quotes:
"I hate cheerleaders"
"I want to go to a football game and shoot those cheerleaders with a paintball gun"
"I have some good news and some bad news, bad news is you have several homework assignments and a test next week....good news, HA! there is none"
"We won't be having any tests for awhile. If that's what you thinking, then your sadly mistaken."
"Man, i hate my period 10 class and you can tell him that"
"This class has A's and B's, my period 7 class has 3 people passing and 18 people failing"
"You don't get any extra credit because your a cheerleader"

"I hate cheerleaders"
"I want to go to a football game and shoot those cheerleaders with a paintball gun"
"I have some good news and some bad news, bad news is you have several homework assignments and a test next week....good news, HA! there is none"
"We won't be having any tests for awhile. If that's what you thinking, then your sadly mistaken."
"This class has A's and B's, my period 7 class has 3 people passing and 18 people failing"

KILLLLL HIMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked computer drafting it was my favorite elective.

anatomy... i dunno, i might just enjoy mass memorization and torture? ;)

it's kind of cool because once you know the underlying structures of organisms, other stuff in physiology and other bio classes start to make sense... kind of like having a map so you know where you are in the body.

horticulture/plant biology/enviromental science/water and soil classes/ecology/crop science/environmental history

more than any of your standard run of the mill classes though, i prefer to select my own reading material (be it online or in print) and just teach myself for fun, because really, classes just don't interest me. i see schooling in general as something designed to get people used to doing boring work they hate on a day-to-day basis (i.e. preparation for virtually all jobs). learning's much more than that and can really be neat and fun--you just have to take control over it. you also remember it better if it's what you care about, because it creates more connections in your mind due to greater relevance.

hehe, realized i was preaching :offtopic:

Welding, history, law, martial arts, psycology, religion, sociology, mythology, uum....ill edit as i remember... :jester:

"I hate cheerleaders"

i like this guy!

Back