What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Party in the Test Tube

• Thread starter NeciFiX
  • Start date

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
Yup.

As you may know I got in an awful car accident barely over a month ago, and now, it turns out I might have "Traumatic Brain Injury" associated with my bad memory, and, they may have to put me in a tube standing with the top a few inches above my nose and have me stand there for a half hour, or one that I can actually sit in. Anyone ever had anything like this? They're using radio signals on my neck and spine and maybe brain to check some things out.

I've never had that type of procedure. I hope you get better. Did you have a concussion after the wreck? Your bad memory may be a result of your body being stressed at the time and your mind performing escapism.

Yeah, Chiropractor says that might be it.

I do hope you get better. How's your mom? Wasn't she in the wreck also?

Cat scan or MRI? I got an MRI once and I sat there for about a half hour, no music either, just a loud clicking noise. Hope everything turns out well for ya.

It sounds similar like aMRI procedure... But it's often used to detect things such as abnormal tissue growth, clots, etc. As long as your not cluster phobic, I wouldn't worry about doing the test at all. I'd probably end up falling asleep in the thing. Probably the most difficult part will be standing still.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident as well, hope you make a smooth recovery and the test gives you a clean bill of health!

Sorry to hear about the accident, was your neck/spine broken?

My pal Scott had someone step backwards onto his foot at an Incantation concert some years back and it broke his arch. He had this big plug-in boot that he was supposed to wear whenever he was sitting around that sent radio waves into his foot cos the bones wouldn't heal, when they did heal they didn't last and they'd rebrake. The doc said the rebrakes were probably due to him being basketball player size.

The other thing sounds like a standup MRI, my uncle said he wasn't too bothered by the lay down type that he went into (open sided) My dad said he just closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to think about it but I guess some people really freak out.

I'm claustrophobic but not extremely so, so, I chose the MRI or CAT Scan or whatever (I believe it's an MRI) where you get to sit down and watch TV with the door open.

oh that kinda tub ah okI thoughy you meant like a vertical clear cylinder thing.
sorry to hear that I hope you get better :water:

Back