What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Henry Rollins Show - America Is Under Attack

Sigh. Link removed; this is the nth time within the past week I've seen a youtube link linking a video with material that is not appropriate for the forums. The problem is not with the message, of course, just with the language used to convey it.

If you wouldn't post it on these forums, don't post a link. Feel free to direct people to view the piece, but please no direct linking. Or, at the VERY LEAST, please include a notice if there's going to be something that may not jive with the rules here.

Thank you.

--Est

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Henry Rollins. Even though he's a huge lib, who is diametrically opposed to pretty much all of my views, he's what I've always wanted to meet.....a worthy adversary.

Yeah, I guess he is a huge lib (maybe a Constitutionalist), but he is so passionate about free speech, I just had to post it.

There are only 2 things I think of when I hear Henry Rollins name:

1) "It's the s***s on fire show!"

2) Slamming one's own genitalia under a toilet seat.

And with those 2 things in mind it is rather difficult to take him seriously on anything else... Maybe it is just me

years back, I had a friend who always dated loser guys..
it was her pattern..she didnt know any other way.
she wouldnt listen to anyone trying to tell her what she was doing was foolish..

I burned the Rollins band video "Liar" to a disk and ananomously mailed it to her!
it worked!
she dumped the loser guy of the moment! ;)

she wouldnt listen to her friends..but Henry rollins convinced her..

If you havent seen the video to "liar" check it out..its probably on youtube.

Scot

When I think of Henry Rollins I think of Black Flag and skateboarding (not to do tricks but to get from point A to point B) - but then I'm old!

When I think of old fart punk rockers doing spoken word I think of Jello Biafra as my faveorite - Henry is too pro-war/army for me.

He does make some very good points though, especially in the above clip. I also find his stand up comedy pretty great, since it's about things I really enjoy - like Slayer.

Didn't Rollins kill a guy with a baseball bat? Surprised no one has brought that up...

Umm... he did? I've never heard that. I watch his show on IFC sometimes.

Apparently a long time ago, he was living w/ one of his friends, and a burglar broke in. Rollins woke up and beat the guy to death with a baseball bat. I could've sworn I had heard him mention it once or twice. Obviously not something he likes to talk about. BUT...

Pretty recently, Rollins and Danzig were in a bar, and Axl Rose started randomly talking smack to Rollins (baaaaaaaaaaaad idea). Rollins said he was a pacifist now, and didn't want any part of whatever Axl Rose was trying to do, but Axl kept messing with him. Danzing was like "well...I'm not a pacifist", and stood up and beat the hell out of Axl. Hanging out with Rollins has got to be awesome. Surprisingly though, he doesn't drink, smoke, or do any drugs.

I've seen Henry a number of times with Black Flag. Good times. :) I've always liked ol' Henry.

Back