What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the blue man

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats right! a man who literally turned blue. he started to apply some kind of silver compound for a skin rash he had. then he started to drink the compound. the blue coloration is the excess silver that his body tried to rid of. He feels no problems such as seizures, headaches, nausea, etc. Your thoughts? :poke:

More information? A link?

xvart.

I saw that. Well...I think he was a bit foolish to introduce a metal (I believe they said colloidal silver oxide) into his body like that plus its just invites stares and attention to a man who says he's reclusive. ???

Its not even a pretty blue. He's about the color of this forum if you're using the original skin (haha).

Give it time, it'll cause problems. Silver being a heavy metal and all that...

he been using it for years... you cant really rely on medical sciece anymore... thats why i preferthe old fashion natural cures... asian traditions

you cant really rely on medical sciece anymore... thats why i preferthe old fashion natural cures... asian traditions
You're kidding, right? No respectable doctor has recommended colloidal silver in the past decades. While the "Asian traditions" have some backing, they're $&@% compared to pharmaceuticals. I'd like to see some random herbs wiping out polio, curing bird flu, etc, etc. Gawd people that think "doctors don't know anything" need a friggin reality check. If you want to be a neuro surgeon, not including college, it takes 12 years. I can't think of any other profession that requires that much training (because there isn't one!).

I believe homeopathic cures can be useful up to a certain point. They can never take place of western pharmaceuticals. They are probably mostly placebo to begin with, but something like Echinacea or kombucha might do a little something. Keyword being little.

And then you've got some VERY traditional people who like to eat tiger privates to improve their sexual prowess. Good luck with that! My view on homeopathic medicines is similar to my view on those "male enhancement" pills. If they REALLY worked, everyone would take them. Well you know what I mean.

If you look past the smoke & mirrors, homeopathy shares some characteristics with vaccination. I won't defend fad treatments, like colloidal silver, but the future of medicine is in learning to coax the immune system to do good things or to stop doing bad things. Maybe that's what homeopathy actually is after all the layers of carnival showmanship are peeled away.

Herbs have some use, but relying on outdated knowledge of said herbs is worse than useless.

If a woman collects the dew on a Lady's Mantle leaf in full moonlight, alone and drinks it, it will not preserve eternal youth, as was once believed. Sorry, ladies.

im talking about actual medicene practice. Sureons yes i have good faith in but its the medicene i dont.. I have used natural cures and foun them to be more effective. Things im talking about are tai chi, dit da jow, teas... my belief is if its a natural problem theres a natural cure. Period. But again thats my belief. Before my mom passed away i told her to drink green teas, eat all natural foods and practice tai chi. She started getting better but the cancer was just too aggressive and soon she passed. Oh, she did take that foul poison known as chemo, but i hated the way it affected her. Just barbaric. I have no faith in those kinds of meds...

Chemo will always be much more effective than tea. I mean...IT'S TEA. Tai chi? Come on. Moving around all slowly and stupidly isn't going to stop cancer or help MS or MD or any of that. Sure, chemo has side effects and tea does not (except kidney stones), but tea also doesn't work.

You and someone else should both contract tuberculosis, and you should use traditional "cures", and they can use western treatments. Can't wait for the outcome ;).

PS: The life expectancy in Cambodia is 59.7, 62.1 in Myanmar, 64.4 in Loas, 64.7 in India, etc, etc

1 dont insult what i believe 2) Dont knock tai chi if you dont understand it or anything for that matter. 3) Do research before you make statements.
Tai chi is very effective in multiple ways: It is a martial art which is very effective in combat and its health benefits include: Better digestion, lower blood pressure, better blood flow, flexibility, relaxation, better breathing. May have forgotten a few but there is no doubt that tai chi is effective for what it does. Oh, and MEDICAL DOCTORS suggest a list of different ways for cancer patients and TAI CHI is one hknow cause that was on my moms list... I hope one day you open up your mind to ideas instead of remaining in the dark about things...

Well, I believe in Prana. Or Ki. Or Chi. Or whatever you want to call it. I believe in Chakras and all of that. I also believe in western medicine. I also believe eastern medicine is just drugs dude. I mean... come on. The chemicals found in plants are still chemicals, and whether they are recreated in a lab or synthesized a leaf, they will be the same molecule.

I would never suggest someone stop chemo and start drinking green tea. No offense to you or your beliefs but green tea is no competition for cancer. You are literally trying to KILL the cancer. I know if I ever developed cancer, I'd take everything in my grasp. Bring on those EGCG's! I'd take every western drug and eastern remedy I possibly could. If I got better, sure, it's probably the western medicine, but even if homeopathy helped .000001%, it helped. I know that was my aunts case. She still passed away, but she took EVERYTHING she could find to help her.

It is a martial art which is very effective in combat
HAHAHAHA. Maybe a couple hundred years ago, but these days? Let's get serious. We already had this convo a couple months ago if we're just talking about martial arts, but these days, combat is guns and bombs. I'll grab a gun and "combat" any tai chi master :D.

its health benefits include: Better digestion, lower blood pressure, better blood flow, flexibility, relaxation, better breathing
You don't say! So does any kind of exercise.

Oh, and MEDICAL DOCTORS suggest a list of different ways for cancer patients and TAI CHI is one hknow cause that was on my moms list... I hope one day you open up your mind to ideas instead of remaining in the dark about things...
Any respectable doctor would laugh in your face if you asked them if tai chi would help fight cancer, or any other disease for that matter. Eastern doctors don't count, because they don't know anything. I'm not being mean, I'm being serious. They don't know jack compared to western doctors. If anyone is remaining in the dark, its you. Thinking that tea and sucking on random roots on the 3rd Sunday of the month or whathaveyou is going to cure something is stupid. I've been around medicine my entire life...my dad is a doctor! But nooooo, I couldn't possibly know anything about medicine. As Clint said, if homeopathic treatments really worked, everyone would be using them. There wouldn't even be a need for pharmaceutical companies or any of that. I mean, why go to a doctor who trained for a minium of 6 years, and who can more than likely cure whatever you're suffering from, when you could go to some self proclaimed "mystic" old Asian guy, who will give you some tiger *******? This isn't some Hollywood fairy tale world, it's reality, and eastern treatments are for the most part, about as effective as a steaming pile of feces.

Oh, and I insult lots of people's beliefs. If I think something is idiotic, I'll be the first to let someone know. You're basically shrugging off hundreds of years of medical knowledge in order to willingly live in the stone age. Do I need to continue tearing this hocus pocus nonsense apart, or are you done?

has anyone here seen Big Fat Liar?? someone in the movie pours a bunch of blue dye in a mans swimming pool and he looks like a sick oompa loompa ahaha

1 dont insult what i believe 2) Dont knock tai chi if you dont understand it or anything for that matter. 3) Do research before you make statements.

Your beliefs are not supported by fact. Deal with it.

As for research, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim, in this case that Tai Chi cures cancer. Care to offer support of that claim? Articles from peer-reviewed medical journals only - all else is garbage.

Mokele

The creationist viewpoint is a theological position, not a scientific one, as it is based not on evidence that can be debated...

some one posted this on some thread about creationism, i liked it allot. Not saying what you beleive in is creationism, but its viewed theologically. It cant be debated!

But on your side, I do beleive meditation, and things like that ARE helpfull,but wont cure things like that, eating healthy, drinking green tea or any thing with anti-oxidants in it, and listening to your doctor are HEALTHY things to do.

I think it would be very ignorant to suggest that Chinese medicine, which has been established and practiced way longer than Western medicine is all garbage. It would also be very ignorant to suggest that natural herbs and plants are valueless and cannot help cure or prevent disease. Lastly it would also be ignorant to assume that you would need to withdraw from Western medicine practices because you're taking a specific herb. Quite to the contrary, many herbs do not interact with Western drugs and chemotherapy and can actually be taken simultaneously and result in additional benefits. I also think it would be enlightening if people actually took the time to read the statistics of how effective some of these drugs (like anti-depressants) really are.

Most obviously, Western medicine is broken. It's all about Pharmaceutical companies making money and creating new diseases and illnesses. They have a pill tailor made for everyone, for every symptom. You can't watch TV without seeing some kind of advertisement for a certain medication. People go to the doctors office suggesting they need X, instead of the doctor prescribing them X. It's just all backwards. Then you have a system that will not allow anything that isn't classified as a 'drug' to be sold as a treatment for an ailment, without a suit. It's so pathetic that they want to deem vitamins as drugs, and remove them from the OTC section.

Mokele said:
Your beliefs are not supported by fact. Deal with it.

As for research, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim, in this case that Tai Chi cures cancer. Care to offer support of that claim? Articles from peer-reviewed medical journals only - all else is garbage.

Mokele

You truly are a special case Mokele. You do realize that most Chemotherapy treatments have no proof of curing cancer as well? I also can promise you there are no peer-reviewed medical journals for the treatments that most cancer patients are receiving today. Western cancer treatments are something that is debated in bio-ethics today, because the truth is most chemotherapy patients are nothing more than lab rats. Unless you get into a phase 3 or 4 trial you are really donating your body to science. Phases 1 and 2 trials are not even treatments at all, instead new experimental drugs are being tested on you for effectiveness and to figure out dosage amounts. The majority of these people die or their life is shortened by these chemotherapy treatments.

Oh, and I insult lots of people's beliefs. If I think something is idiotic, I'll be the first to let someone know.

Just as your beliefs will be insulted, for they hold no respectable authority but rather resemble the rant of a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back