What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloverfield...

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Is anyone sitting on pins and needles and pine cones and hedgehogs (poor pippi...) waiting for this movie? It looks like the. greatest. movie. ever. made. I've been following the viral campaign and it makes me want to full my hair out! I can't wait for this movie!

If you want to try and figure it out for your own, start here! Otherwise there are several blogs piecing together evidence to try and figure out what's up!
http://www.slusho.jp/

You can't drink just six! Here's a viral commercial! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU-Aa_nXV0U

Anyone speak that language? Here's a trailer.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYF0f-zMgY Look around the 1:06 mark or so. See the girl's silhouette? Is she expanding or is that a straight jacket? The two people with her are obviously (to me) silhouettes of hazmat people. That trailer gives me chills!

I'm lost.

What movie? I just saw a website that looks like its promoting some Japanese drink. ???

I can't see YouTube here at the office any more.

It's really American (and fake!) Read the History. and Happy talk sections first. It's a bunch of clues. It's a promotional thing. There are a ton of fake websites involved. They're giving clues over the internet (as if it was real) but the movie comes out the 18th.

It's like.. an American Godzilla but it has nothing to do with Godzilla at all. Or I could be totally wrong, no one knows! The dude that made Lost is making it. Haven't you seen the commercials all over TV?

I'm pretty excited about it!! JJ Abrams is the man

You cant tell how good a movie is from its previews or premise before you even see it!

cant go by critic reviews either once it has come out either..................

cant go by some of your friends either because you know anything short of a barny episode will keep them entertained, as long as its on a big screen. Elf, that means you.

21K90NK3ERL.jpg

I just want to know what the monster is going to be.I have seen picture leaks of the monsters design online....

BTW, Clint, did you figure out the the pictures on the website could be flipped over? I don't know if the site has changed because I saw it a long time ago, but they still had the pictures that one could manipulate and move around to find "clues".

But...what are the clues to?? Information about the movie?

The clips I've seen make it look good, so I'll go see it. But - it's from the guy who does Lost, so I'm not actually expecting it to be good. I hope I'm wrong because there is so much potential with this film.

Lost is amazing, dude! I never watched it until yesterday. Now I'm an addict! I'm catching up on all three seasons online.

I'm worse than a heroin addict! I need my fix! Best show ever made. Better than House.

Is anyone sitting on pins and needles and pine cones and hedgehogs (poor pippi...) waiting for this movie?

No.

If it's filmed in a "documentary" style of shaky hand-held cams, I won't go see it.

All that shaking, fast edits and "in your face" camera work gives me some motion sickness and usually a big headache. Thus making a movie basically unwatchable.

Aliens vs. Predator: R was like that... I could not truly enjoy it due to its music video type of post-production fast & slash editing.

Is anyone sitting on pins and needles and pine cones and hedgehogs (poor pippi...) waiting for this movie?

You see that guy over there sitting on pippi? That's me. Although I'm not doing it because of Cloverfield.

xvart.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35236

Wow - may just live up to the hype, BUT - I get the impression you never really know what the monster is. Sounds like it may suffer from "Lost" syndrome. JJ at his best, keeps leading you on without ever really giving you the answer.

Awwww. Leave Pippi alone.

Back