What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Beer?

• Thread starter Nickz123
  • Start date
I turned 21 over the summer and have been trying a different beer about every time I go to the store. My favorite so far is Red Stripe, but it is too expensive. Right now I am stuck on buying Steel Reserve, its strong and has 8.1% alcohol, and cheap. Whats everyones favorite beer? Give me some recommendations.
-Nick

Rogue Shakespear Stout is good if you like dark brews. Oh you said cheap but good... umm... If i had to go real cheap it would be Bud Select or Miller Lite.

for beer, bud light or mich ultra. i drink more vodka though (ciroc brand)...

Sam Adams Black

OMG not steel reserve... lol... but yeah I've been there during those rough times where you need that bang for buck.

As for a favorite beer... that's damn near an impossible decision. Theres beer you just want to do drink a few of because they're so heavy, and then theres the beer you wanna get twisted on.

Some of my faves are: Corona, Newcastle, Fat Tire, Heineken, Hefeweizen, Saporro, and some Sam Adams lagers.

Boulevard Wheat. Wheat beers are hands down my favorite kind of beer and this one is brewed near my home town. Boulevard is definitely my favorite line of beers. During the holidays I recommend their Nutcracker Ale. MMmmm...

xvart.

All my friends love the beer I brew in my garage. For some reason, I don't like my own stuff though.

For session beers: Coors Light, Franziskaner Hefeweißbier, any of the Hofbrauhaus brews (Münchner Dunkel will destroy you)
Good for one or two or three: Spaten Optimator, Guinness Extra Stout, any Maibock (Paulaner Salvator)

root beer

Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I always buy more than I can drink for when it goes out of season.

OMG all this talk about beer... I'm bout to go get sloshed. Though I'm poor and all I have is Captain Morgan lol. Oh well Captain'n'coke it is.

:gulp:
:drunk:
:beer:

root beer

ARGH! beat me to it!

i dont like many beers... i tried the local beers on my cruise to the carribean. they werent bad. but corona topps them for me.

Alex

Guiness. Guiness makes you stronger. The closer to Dublin the better as Guiness rapidly deteriorates in the keg.

Apart from that, I love the Belgian Farmhouse Ales like Saison Dupont.

Capslock

Guinness does make you stronger.

Apparently when Guinness first came out, it tasted like crap and no one bought it. After a while it started tasting good and it sold like crazy. After quite a few years of brewing, the brewery hired someone to come and clean out their equipment, and after it was clean the beer started tasting like crap again. The brewery asked the cleaner if they found anything in there to affect the flavor, and they replied they had - lots of dead rats.
The brewery started hanging red meat in the vats, which brought the flavor back (but less ratty lol).

mmm rat beer...

Lol Guiness is only good in small amounts... it always feels like you just ate a cheeseburger after.

My favorite is Ommegang Abbey, from Cooperstown, NY. It's best in the big corked bottle. As for pale yellow, lifeless filtered beers, I guess my favorite is Pacifico, which is so much better than Corona.

And phissionkorps seems to have lost his grip on reality.

Any Canadian beer or German beer.

expensive and hard to get..

But other wise I like corona..

i mean... i hear they are good beers.

cough cough cough

Lol. Dead rats were common everywhere in the late 1790s. Most of the manufactured stuff we eat today still has bug pieces and rat droppings in it. Hell, the produce we get from Mexico is watered with raw sewage in some places.
Yum a dum dum.

Some Canadian stuff is good. I like a Labatt or Molson Golden every once in a while. I love German beer though...truly the best I think, though I can't stand the Reinheitsgebot.
Some of the Belgian Lambics are good, but only in small quantities. They're also freakishly expensive.

I've got a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 thats about 5 years old. I'm aging it until I get out of medical school, since apparently it gets better with age and can be stored up to 15 years.

Apparently when Guinness first came out, it tasted like crap and no one bought it. After a while it started tasting good and it sold like crazy. After quite a few years of brewing, the brewery hired someone to come and clean out their equipment, and after it was clean the beer started tasting like crap again. The brewery asked the cleaner if they found anything in there to affect the flavor, and they replied they had - lots of dead rats.
The brewery started hanging red meat in the vats, which brought the flavor back (but less ratty lol).

That is very interesting. I'll have to tell that to my friend who is a bar manager and see if he knew that.

xvart.

Paulaner Dunkel Hefeweizen BEST BEER EVER

Too bad you can't find it in the states

Try something German, they really are all the best

actually if read much on brewing beer.......some actually include meat in the process.....horse meat being the most common but have even heard of chicken. rare but meat is sometimes used.

as far as my favorites Sam Adams' light stuff last one i tried was a holiday ale or some such thing, it was pretty good. Alaskan Amber is good but in a pinch Coors and Coors light also work....also like Killian's Irish Red.......when helping a buddy out at his house and drinking out of his fridge i havent turned down a Miller Light

Corona is nasty crap as is Steel Reserve......hell ill drink cheap vodka before that and i generally only have cheap vodka around cause ppl think that since ill drink vodka ill drink any vodka.......rather use the $12 a bottle crap to clean cuts....its barely fit to drink. Grey Goose on the other hand is smooth stuff.......kinda like the ppl who drink tequila say Jose' is great stuff.......if yah think Jose' is good stuff(i cant hardly even shoot the crap) you havent had good tequila, pick up a bottle of Patrón Añejo worth every penny and your taste buds will thank me, its almost smooth enough to sit and sip like fine scotch or bourbon.......Jose' is so full of sugar and added flavors you can barely call it tequila......most cheap bar well tequilas are better

ive currently have Apfelwien brewing in my basement aswell as hard raspberry apple cider......good stuff in small quantities but over indulging equals the hangover from hell......drinkable at 5 weeks from throwing the ingredients together..........longer only makes it better......the Apfelwien will be stunning at 8 months.......plan on aging some bottles a few years and see what happens

learned along time ago if your going to drink yourself stupid it more than pays for itself to drink good quality stuff.......the higher end tequila's vodka's and rum's( i hate rum but my wife loves it) have fewer of the impurities that cause the really bad hangovers. a night of cheap vodka, Jose' or the like leaves yah with a nasty headache. even if you drink some water you can still get the bad headache. unfortunatly the apples i use for apfelwien and hard cider are full of these impurities so moderation is the key for those.........a liter bottle of the apfelwien i make, drank all by yourself will leave yah looking for a gun to put you out of your misery the next day, especially if you dont drink any water before passing out.

Back