What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ohio people...let's chat

• Thread starter ilbasso
  • Start date
I'd like to hear from some other Ohio people to hear how you're plants are set up.

I've living in Ohio all my life, with exception to living my first 2 years in Chicago. I grow my plants (Neps, Drosera) all in a windowsill with some additional lighting from 2 100 watt equiv. cool white CFLs. I'd put a picture up of my setup, but my camera is out being repaired. If you can wait 7 days, I certainly will.

Home is Cleveland, but while at school I am in Oxford, near Cincinnati.

Oxford? You're at Miami University?

I'm in Cincinnati, though I'll be leaving this summer. I grow them pretty much like scotty does, though because my Balcony has an overhang, I had to build little projecting platforms for them, and keep all the plants in two very, very large rubbermaid trays.

Mokele

Oxford? You're at Miami University?

Mokele

Indeed I am. 4th year student studying accountancy (11th best program in the country) and the German language. I have an extra year to go though. Such is life.

I was going to go to Miami, but... it is $$$ and even with the band benefit.... would still be to expensive

i have my plants in the windowsill.

Are any of you Ohio people close to Cedar point? I head out there at least 2 times a year, wouldn't mind stopping in for a quick chat / trade along the way!

Back