What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown pest

What could be doing this to my plant? Some kind of insect or rodent?

eatenleaf.jpg

eatenleaf2.jpg

Did the missing areas just disappear or did they turn brown first? Is it a Phalaenopsis orchid?

Catepillars can do that. It looks eaten (or torn off) to me.

Just recently I was delighted to see one of my Paph orchids spiking. It had been a while since it flowered so I was thrilled. I watched the spike grow. The bud was plumping. Then I looked at it one day and it looked like someone had taken scissors and cut the stem in half. I was heartbroken! I was trying to figure out what had happened...when I spied a tiny lil' worm. A green inch worm! That lil' bugger had felled my flower spike! Despite my crushing disappointment, I took it outside and let it go. I also felt a little better when I saw another flower coming up. It has since bloomed and is a beauty but it sure would have been nice to have had both flowers. :(

It is a Phalaenopsis orchid. This is the little guy(or should I say girl) that was snacking on my plant. :nono:

booboo4.jpg

booboo1.jpg

It's a cockatoo infestation. I need to spray. I can hear them climbing around in the walls.

She looks guilty.

Time for a spanking......... ;)

Ouch talk about butchering a plant. At least the bird was smart enough to leave some leaf. Not me I cut them all off.

A+ for the bird
F- for me

Maybe you should set out some CRACKERS !

Here is a picture of her at about a month old. Kind of scary looking, with a face only a mother or father could love.

Booboo9-19-06.jpg

HOLY did you get it mixed up with the turkey at Thanksgiving and didn't realize till he was defeathered?

:)

Back