What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth Club!

• Thread starter lil hokie
  • Start date

lil hokie

heatherfeather knows the weather!
Hello peoples of the forum!

I just wanted everyone to know that I just won the position of Vice President of the UNCC Earth Club!! :boogie:

And with that being said, I also wanted to know if any of you fine people are/were/will be in your Earth or Environmental Club at school, college, community etc.
Also if you have any project ideas that I can use on my campus.

Have a good day everyone!

Congratulations. Just remember, "with great power comes great responsibility"-Uncle Ben

Congratulations! I'm glad to see you are actively involved in environmental issues. :)

College days are long gone, but I am involved in NASC (North American Sarracenia Conservancy).

Since you are in NC, perhaps you could do some kind of work involving the Green Swamp and/or Sarracenia since Sarras are native to coastal NC.

Or...you could have trash events...go help clean up some local parks. Most parks are underfunded and any kind of helpful hand that can be given for trash pick-up, brush trimming, boardwalk repair, etc. would be very appreciated I'm sure.

Then there are recycling drives and recycling awareness events...

There are endless ways to get involved in helping out our struggling planet.

Oh...and also you could let your feelings be known on the controversy regarding the use of Marine Sonar off the coast of NC which can kill whales. :-(

Well as of right now we do clean "our" creek about twice a semester..but right now we are passing a "green fee" which I do think it has already gone through and will be started in the fall. Also we are fighting a new coal plant that Duke Energy is building at Cliffside, NC....we just got news yesterday that they have got there permit. :-(

Humans will destroy the earth one day. :(

As PAK said, since you're in NC you can do a project with the habitat destruction in the coastal region of NC. I'm the conservation officer for NASC and we'll be glad to help in any way we can. I'll be glad to lead a tour for you.

Wow thanks! I will let you know about that...I do not actually take office until the fall semester. Soon I think we are having a march in downtown Charlotte against the Cliffside project. I will let yall know more about it when I find out everything.

Back