What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Carolina CP'ers

lil hokie

heatherfeather knows the weather!
Well this is only my second day on here, and I am already addicted...

me%20and%20nep.jpg

I see that you're from NC. Where is that pic taken?

It was taken in the greenhouses on UNC Charlotte campus. :)

Cool, I'll have to get up that way one day to take a look at their greenhouse.

Yup they have two greenhouses, and tons of north american pitcher hybrids. Tons of orchids too.

I went there and spent almost 3 years working in the gardens. I need to get back there soon there greenhouses and Sarra hybrids are top notch. The biannual plant sale is great too. I studied botany/biology there for almost 4 years. Cool to talk to some NC CP heads. Maybe one day we could get a small group together and plan a couple of hiking trips to do some CP field observing and photdocumenting.

Victor

I moved this discussion from the member pics thread. Since that forums is for pics only and there seems to be some interest in this, I'll make this thread for the discussion.

I have been wanting to get a group of members together here for years, but nobody was really close enough to commit to it. I would love to get together around late May or June. Interested?

Sorry I posted in the photo section. I pmd you about this. I'm certainly game for some hiking. I'll talk to some others and research some sites. Again keep in touch.

V

No problem, As you saw I did it myself. When I saw that nep I couldn't help but ask where it was from.

I got the PM and I'll be sending a reply soon. I can't wait to get a group together.

and now we have a group thats probably much larger than any of us expected it would ever become :D

Ah and the thread gets a facelift from Mason haha!

Hat's off to you all! May the CCPS thrive and prosper.

Thank you Mark!! You guys need to set up the WCPS!

Back