What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My camera buying quest

• Thread starter jm82792
  • Start date
I have been looking and looking for a okay camera and after hours I'm asking here :)
I have a few simple needs:
It is somewhat durable like it could handle SOME abuse and will handle some small falls
Has some good features I do not want a very idiot proof "canned" camera
Has okay megapixel count like 5 would be great was happy with 3
Comes from Amazon(new) the gift certificate is from there so only amazon :(
Is under $150 I'm lucky mom is helping me out
Something that will last for a few years My families last olympus lasted 5 years
Thanks!!!!!

Olympus FE-310 seems great I think I found it MRvft has it he just got it he will give me a little review

that one looks good but doesn't have the manual/semi manual modes like the canon.
with the canon, you have a shutter priority mode where you pick the shutter speed and the camera picks the aperature and the aperature priority mode that is the opposite, giving you control over depth of field.
also has full manual with both shutter and aperature adjustable.
I guess it depends on what you want, but I used my advanced point and shoot as a stepping stone to SLR. I learned a lot with it.
you will most likely want to control the depth of field when taking macros of your plants.
there is of course, a auto shooting mode where all you do is press the shutter button, so you don't have to know anything to begin with to take good pics.

I am sorta lost :) Kinda like me explaining Maya software :D
I may go olympus still sinc my mom is the funder and she wants olympus...
But if I had more cash I'd spend more on a digicamera like $300 then get someting awsome..

Back