What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giants win

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Title says it all!

It didn't matter to me,but it's nice to see the underdog win! :-))

Jerry

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeayh!
nfl_ny_giants.gif

Boooooooo.....

Anybody but the Giants, well, not the Cowboys either.

Gee...I was gonna make a post but I got beat. I thought it would be cool if I made a "sports post." I actually watched the game.

I'm not a football fan but I wanted the Patriots to win because they would have had a perfect season. Darn it! But...while acknowledging I can't play football, I thought the Patriots sucked. Why did the QB keep holding the ball until he got sacked?? ???

How sad for them to have a perfect season only to lose in the biggest game in the season.

I didnt even know the superbowl was on today until I happened to notice it about 9pm.

I really didnt care who won..
even though im a life-long New York State resident, I was still sad to see the Patriots lose their winning streak..(we are in Bills country out here in Western NY..not really a big Giants or Jets area..thats downstate.)

did any team ever have a totally undefeated season, also winning the superbowl?

Scot

I am soooooooo glad that the Giants won. I also thought that it was pretty pitiful that the Patriots couldn't even shake hands after the game and the coach either. Good winners, POOR losers. Go Giants!

yeah, Miami in...7_...2 i think? ? ?

I was honestly disappointed, but not sad. I wanted to see history...but oh well...no big deal...

Nah Bucky! They did...with 1 second left! They left after that, the game had ended for all intesive purposes...but still, why not do it again?

Time for COOPER Manning (the eldest brother) to win a Superbowl - and against Brady at that! heh heh...

Football is a waste of time. I don't mind the game but when it's televised... (though, I'd rather not play the game either) I hate the Superbowl (I was born when it was going on lmao), my step-dad keeps roaring like all Super-Bowl watchers (that I'VE seen) I see whenever the team they're rooting for gets points or if the other team does. I think when people watch Football in general their IQ drops below that of a caveman from what I've seen lmao, a bar full of people watching Football is terrible. Well, anyways, yippee to the New York Giants for throwing a ball and smacking into other people and falling over more times than the other guys. ???

This was a game for the ages. All season you have heard nothing but Patriots going unbeaten, Cowboys Tony Romo, Green Bay Brett Favre, blah, blah blah.

The Giants, a fifth seed, a wild card team, the underdogs, go out and beat all them. I think that's pretty cool, and is not a waste of time by a long shot. I for one enjoyed the game very much and might even be a little hoarse from yelling at the tv. I know I'm popping tagament like tic-tac's on account of the cheese dip.

If watching a game once a year gives me the IQ of a caveman, then I guess sign me up for a GIECO comercial.

WAY TO GO G-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!

I was surprised they cleared the field to make Eli Manning lose a yard on one last play after the Patriots gave up. I'm pretty sure I've seen the last few seconds run off the clock without a play in college football. Was the network able to squeeze in another 3 million dollar commercial? I can't remember any. But an announcer did say there's an NFL rule that a play has to be run to kill the final seconds. That seems unnecessary if the opposing team has already gone over to shake hands and say good game. But like all gambling enterprises, the NFL has a lot of rules to keep gamblers from questioning the results.

That's why they play the game. Truly anything can happen. That play in the last drive where Eli somehow evaded a sack and threw to David Tyree [receiver] who went up, grabbed the ball, held it with one hand against his helmet, regrabbed it with both hands - all while a defender was pulling him down by his one arm - completely unreal. Every time I see that play - I have no idea how he did that. :0o:
TAKE THAT TOM BRADY!
Agreed - bigtime! My youngest is a Brady hate-a-holic. After New England's last score, he left all upset .... Changed his mind a few minutes later when he heard the shrieking .....
I am soooooooo glad that the Giants won. I also thought that it was pretty pitiful that the Patriots couldn't even shake hands after the game and the coach either. Good winners, POOR losers. Go Giants!
I don't know about all the Patriot players but Coach Bellicheat sets the league standard for a poor example in oh - so many ways...
How sad for them to have a perfect season only to lose in the biggest game in the season.
That's one way to view the results ... although I do prefer a somewhat alternative view ......
:banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

I was surprised they cleared the field to make Eli Manning lose a yard on one last play after the Patriots gave up. I'm pretty sure I've seen the last few seconds run off the clock without a play in college football. Was the network able to squeeze in another 3 million dollar commercial? I can't remember any. But an announcer did say there's an NFL rule that a play has to be run to kill the final seconds. That seems unnecessary if the opposing team has already gone over to shake hands and say good game. But like all gambling enterprises, the NFL has a lot of rules to keep gamblers from questioning the results.

I think there oughta be a rule that allows both head coaches the option to agree to just leave the field if it is obvious that the last play will be a token kneel down. OTOH, wasn't Joe Pisarcik that coughed up the football, going for a TD, that led to an Easgle TD?

Oh my got Jimscott! that play is down right unwatchable!

"Last play of the game...All pisarcik has to do is neal *snap*..."

for all of you who havn't seen it just look it up!

I watched that game on TV! :censor:

Back