What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of bird is this?

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I went on a kayak trip yesterday, I saw a lot of birds, bald eagles, pelicans, herons, etc.

I got some pics of this bird that I'm not sure what it is. I think it's a falcon, maybe a peregrine.

Anybody know for sure?

These are not great pics, but they were taken at 12x zoom from a moving kayak.

252775087O024936226.jpg

252775090O479335420.jpg
252775165O949737087.jpg

Looks like an osprey to me

Yup, agree on Osprey I.D.

Osprey. Awesome photo! How lucky you are. You get to see all kinds of cool stuff.

There are plenty of rivers around richmond, buy a kayak. Then you can see the things I see.

:-D

........now WHO can identify the fish species?? :p

It's a mullet. I saw it floating before the bird grabbed it.

It's too bad Rachel Carson interefered with people's God-given right to spray DDT anywhere and everywhere. If she would have kept quiet, we wouldn't have to see all these *&^% raptors lording around like they own the place. I saw a bald eagle in a tree between the highway and river in downtown Springfield, MA a week ago and it had that same arrogant expression. @#$% environmentalists!

I saw about 5 bald eagles on this same trip. When I get the pics done, I'll post them.

i contest and say its a Thunder bird ;)

Alex

It is on the same river that I took the pic of the thunderbird.

It's too bad Rachel Carson interefered with people's God-given right to spray DDT anywhere and everywhere. If she would have kept quiet, we wouldn't have to see all these *&^% raptors lording around like they own the place. I saw a bald eagle in a tree between the highway and river in downtown Springfield, MA a week ago and it had that same arrogant expression. @#$% environmentalists!

:-))

There are plenty of rivers around richmond, buy a kayak. Then you can see the things I see.

No, if I had a kayak I would be seeing muddy weeds, roots, maybe a few fish...cuz I'd be upside down in the river. I don't get in anything wobbly...swimming is not my forte. (Although I have won a noodle pony race before.)

Alex might be right...it might be a Thunderbird. :D

Back