What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i dont get some ppl...........

i have a AR-15 and they call it an evil black rifle and try and ban it....................so i spray paint it pink and they want to ban it cause it looks like a toy........i cant win?

guns.jpg

Painted guns resembling toys pose threat to officers
By WILL PAFFORD, Alligator Writer
Hello Kitty stickers are part of the latest danger to police officers nationwide.

Automatic weapons painted pink and covered in Hello Kitty and flower stickers are an example of a growing threat - real guns painted to look like toys, according to a notice recently circulated among officers at the Gainesville Police Department.

The sole purpose of these guns is to fool the observer, said Lt. Rob Koehler of GPD’s Tactical Impact Unit.

"If you saw this, your initial impulse would be, ‘This is a toy,’" Koehler said.

Koehler said these types of guns are especially dangerous to police because they can prevent officers from taking appropriate action, such as using force or avoiding danger.

That moment when an officer first sees someone with a gun could mean everything in terms of how he or she responds, Koehler said.

"It gives the advantage to the carrier," he said. "That moment the person sees it could mean everything."

Although guns have been customized with camouflage print for quite some time, hot pink and neon green paint jobs are relatively new, according to the release.

These guns are not only a problem for officers, but for children as well.

In the past, officers have misjudged toy guns for real ones with tragic results, according to a news release from the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

The colorful guns are also more easily mistaken for toys by children, who may find their parents’ firearms, according to the release.

"Can you imagine a child finding a pastel blue or pink Glock, fully loaded?" the release stated.

Guns can be painted professionally or with at-home kits available on the Internet.

Although GPD officers have not encountered a painted gun locally, the weapons are a growing concern elsewhere in the country.

These "designer guns," as the notice calls them, have become such a problem that New York City lawmakers are working on passing legislation to ban guns colored to look like toys.

Show of hands... Who here thinks that any gang banger is going to be caught dead carrying a pink gun.

wonder where something like this would classify the 375 WSM Remington i had?

570e6a78.jpg

I'd like to think our LEO's are alot more intelligent than the criminals, the article gives them no credit. Now kids finding one that's another story. Maybe that's the model for PAK ? We can start her conversion right away, lol.

Funny and jsut weird,so if I paint my spuid gun like to look like a toy it is illegal ?
The thing shoots slugs 500 feet so well I'll jsut not paint it pink or some toy color

Now I know what I'm going to get my wife for Valentines day.

Maybe that's the model for PAK ? We can start her conversion right away, lol.

LOL Um...as Rattler knows... :p... I think you'd be hard-pressed to get me converted. Me 'n' guns don't mix. 1) I think they are evil devices of destruction and death 2) I'd accidently shoot myself as sure as...well...shootin'. lol

I might be able to hit someone in the head with rock in self defense but I could never shoot anyone...or an animal. Although I'd probably be more likely to use a gun to protect my dog than I would myself.

Isn't there a video somewhere of you shooting an AK-47? I could have sworn I saw that before.

???

Guns are evil. Especially pink ones. The only reason I own these is to keep people safe from them because they could spring to life and go on a killing spree if they weren't under my watchful eye.

http://members.cox.net/alien1099/guns.jpg

Of course the downside is that they could spring to life and attack me. It's a risk I take but I do it for the good of the community.

In all seriousness the thing I don't understand with people that really do hate and detest firearms is that they don't understand that murder has been around for a very long time. It has been happening since long before guns ever came into the picture. Banning them will do little to deter crime since criminals don't follow the laws in the first place and it's already illegal to commit the crimes they commit whether a gun is used or not. You're also a lot more likely to be accidentally killed by about 20 other ways even if you have a gun in your home.

Guns are a tool. They can be used for recreation, food, and for defense. Unfortunately some people take them and find them convenient to use against their fellow man. If more people took their personal safety more responsibly though, we could weed out such people easily enough when they are killed trying to rape or murder or rob innocent people. We don't need people like that walking around stealing our oxygen.

If that is really your gun get it up on Ebay, can you imagine the cash you'd get with a hello kitty AK 47 or whatever kinda gun that is?
Damn! :-))

I saw the full article where this pic came from today. Crazy stuff. If anyone thinks about it, this is NOT ps'd. I met a girl last night that is obsessed with hello kitty (a bit weird when you're 23!), but she said she wanted one hahah

It's real. I've seen a picture of the woman that owns it. I'm fairly certain her and her significant other are members of ar15.com

guns arent evil...people using them in the wrong way is whats evil. im happy with my Daisy Red Ryder Mellinium Edition BB gun :)

WOW you have a .177 caliber. :banana2:

haha!

Back