What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I found it the woods. You're not going to believe this

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Today we took the dogs for a walk. Of course I would rather walk down a deserted dirt road than a neighborhood street. So I decided to turn down an old dirt road that goes way back into the woods. Just after we turned down the road I saw something that was a little out of place. I found some small to mid size fish with huge teeth. This was nothing compared to what was waiting about another half mile down the road. As strange as that sounds , it's not too uncommon here. I live about a mile from the ocean.

253141206O996499661.jpg

253136315O649913501.jpg

253141079O140615068.jpg

Did you see those teeth?
In case you didn't.

253141083O282508007.jpg
253141215O701054442.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said, this was nothing compared to what I was about to see. About a half mile later, we turned a curve and there facing us was a 5 foot shark. Even in the woods a mile form the ocean you're not safe from sharks.

253141216O740888791.jpg

253141399O343328184.jpg

253141404O280391524.jpg

253142507O721662932.jpg

253142513O929978174.jpg

253142761O327090684.jpg

253144373O749226756.jpg

253144376O602533869.jpg

253144380O698577217.jpg

253144382O333101752.jpg

253144426O689626792.jpg

253144415O611549572.jpg
253144496O186812395.jpg

Last edited:
Why? I just don't get why? Why do people do things like that? Whats the satisfaction with killing something like that and dumping it like that? If someone does that with a person......ooooh.....oooh........alll attention is needed. But well.....who cares about a fish? everything in the world is made for the stupid human who doesn't realise the value of life. Shame on us!

Weird... maybe the Santeria followers (Santerians?) decided chickens just weren't getting the job done.

Why? I just don't get why? Why do people do things like that? Whats the satisfaction with killing something like that and dumping it like that? If someone does that with a person......ooooh.....oooh........alll attention is needed. But well.....who cares about a fish? everything in the world is made for the stupid human who doesn't realise the value of life. Shame on us!

Well we don't really know what's going on there and where those fish came from or why the people that had them dumped them there. I highly doubt somebody did it for some sort of sick twisted pleasure. I hate to see animals suffer, but do you think that shark cared too much about the pain his prey suffered when he ate them? ??? Same with piranhas. Nasty creatures! Anyway it does appear to be incredibly wasteful. I do not compare them to people though or even dogs or other mammals. Fish really are low on the totem pole when it comes to care meter. They have extremely low levels of intelligence comparatively.

Hey Ozzy, I think you need to be one of those CSI crime scene photographers.

Excellent shots of the maggots in the mouth! :clap:

I'd take some of the shark teeth if it wasn't soo stinky. ;)

I wanted to get some teeth, but it stunk so bad. :puke:

I'll got back when it's just teeth and get em.

"what I found in the woods you're not going to believe this."
oh I believe it you took pics lol

I theorize that they killed the shark in self-defense when it snuck up on them in the grass.

Weird!

Although I don't think voodoo practicioners are to blame, now if we found a blowfish, datura flowers, a skull and a statue of the virgin mary then maybe I could see drawing such a conclusion.

You don't need to look past our home-grown culture to find the people who do things like that. I had friends when I was a kid who threw some fish (bullheads and such) on the ground and said they were improving the lake/stream. Since they never lifted a finger to improve the place in any other way, I think they just got off on their power over a small fish. Maybe it's the next step from roasting ants with a magnifying glass. I assume they eventually stopped their climb up the sociopath ladder, like all of us who reached the first step or two, but I won't be surprised if they now approve of waterboarding and of bombing neighborhoods where an insurgent might be lurking. I think the motivations are pretty similar.

It's the elusive Land Shark that died soon after breaking someone's snare. You're lucky you didn't encounter it alive.

As for the piranha - many people dump their unwanted pets in the wild thinking they can fend for themselves. Who ever it was just wasn't clear on the concept of fish.

I wanted to get some teeth, but it stunk so bad. :puke:

I'll got back when it's just teeth and get em.

You hope. seems any time I do that, I either forget about it for too long or when I return in a few weeks, some larger critters have distributed the various pieces/parts about a large area and the part I wanted is typically not to be found .... :cry:

I know that there is a chance that it will not be there in a month or two. That's a chance I'm willing to take. If you smelled it, you'd be willing to take that chance too.

Why in the world would someone catch a shark and then dump it like that? Its not illegal to catch them is it?

And that's not a pirahna is it? I see the teeth but I though pirahna were rounder, flatter fish.

If someone is going to catch stuff like that, they should at least EAT it. :censor:

"what I found in the woods you're not going to believe this."
oh I believe it you took pics lol

Oh, you SO don't know Ozzy.

Why in the world would someone catch a shark and then dump it like that? Its not illegal to catch them is it?

And that's not a pirahna is it? I see the teeth but I though pirahna were rounder, flatter fish.

If someone is going to catch stuff like that, they should at least EAT it. :censor:

I think it demonstrates the attitude of "Its just a fish"..."I don't care".....in humans. What a sorry state of affairs nature has to face!!! tsk....tsk!

I think it demonstrates the attitude of "Its just a fish"..."I don't care".....in humans. What a sorry state of affairs nature has to face!!! tsk....tsk!

Like I said we don't really know what happened. Perhaps they were diseased. We don't know how they died. It doesn't make sense to simply dump those healthy exotic animals there.

No its not illegal to catch shark (provided you have a fishing license). Plus...the only part of them you can really eat is the fins. Cartilaginous fishes are pretty low on the evolutionary scale. I mean it sucks they wasted the good part of it, but like alien said, maybe it was already floating by the shore. Sharks die naturally ya know ;). Ergo, I really don't feel that bad....at all. However if someone did this frequently or with a lot of shark (like....3+) then I'd probably feel bad.

Back