What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go-go gadget $600!

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
According to the news, Bush is going to send you a thank you for being a citizen check in May for $600 (or $300, $1200+). (maybe it's an apology check, hehe) Anyways! Bonus!!

What's on your shopping list?
I think I'm gonna put one together tonight.
:banana2:

Really not a big fan of the idea. Sure, "free" cash is always nice- until you start to wonder where it's coming from and if it's even going to make a difference.

Call me a negative nancy, but I somehow don't see some amazing economic turnaround coming about from this proposal...

Really not a big fan of the idea. Sure, "free" cash is always nice- until you start to wonder where it's coming from and if it's even going to make a difference.

Call me a negative nancy, but I somehow don't see some amazing economic turnaround coming about from this proposal...

Of course not! But if it makes you feel any better you can send me your check so you won't be burdened by it. 8)

do you have to be over 18 to be a citizen? Do 15 year olds get checks too? MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!!!!! I despise the Bush administration, but I don't mind if they give me money. Hey, maybe I like the Bush administration. Maybe I'll support the war and the thousands of iraqis dying every day. It's a good idea! Yeah! And next we need to go into Iran! We are the strongest nation in the world and we have the right to dominate the entire middle east! We should take some oil from the natural reserve in Alaska, why not? Who cares about the environment? You get more money if you don't.

The rebate is for individuals and families that pay taxes. So... If you don't pay your own taxes your parents might be getting and additional $300 (this is what I last heard was the amount - not even sure if it stayed or changed) for you if you are claimed as a dependent.

I suggested to my wife that I was going to buy a good GPS receiver (iGPS anyone?) but I was told we are going on a vacation instead. To be a "true patriot" you should spend every dime of the refund domestically. So no imports of Nepenthes. :nono:

xvart.

in otherwords they are giving YOUR money back to YOU..............the government never "gives" you money in these sort of things....you already gave them the money, they are just giving you a lil bit of your money back.

Going straight into school debt that's still haunting me.

well with 5 kids and there is gonna be a girl born soon maybe they will payout alot more,
Ihope for my dad's sake since he has been working alot and been paying 30% of what he made(no more heavey taxes he got his license activated)..

Welp, that means my dad is stealing my check. Oh well, he gets to pay for medical school :D

My mother said the $1500 we get (600 for each rent and 300 for me) is going to buy a laptop for college this fall. Then she saw my eyes light up and quickly said "well, not ALL of it" lmao.

It's alright. She's paying for college and I won't have student loans trailing me for the rest of my life.

You only get 600 if you qualify for the highest rebate most people are getting much less first off. Second this money is going to further devalue American currency on the world market as its not coming from a reserve but furthering our debt, which means our money will buy less abroad goods will get more expensive actually hurting those with less money.

ugh dont even get me started on the fed govt!!! cant stand them even tho i will be part of them..kinda ironic huh? :jester:

Hey Est, you're a negative nancy. As for what i'm going to do with the money; 600 scratch off lottery tickets.

To be a "true patriot" you should spend every dime of the refund domestically. So no imports of Nepenthes.

And please remember that credit card debt is 100% red-blooded American. You like America, don't you?

Hey Est, you're a negative nancy.

Thank you, I thought I was being ignored for a second. :p

As for what i'm going to do with the money; 600 scratch off lottery tickets.

Boo yah! Best idea I've heard yet! lol Seriously, hahaha. Totally awesome idea.

in otherwords they are giving YOUR money back to YOU..............the government never "gives" you money in these sort of things....you already gave them the money, they are just giving you a lil bit of your money back.

Exactly, hit the nail on the head. Thats really all it boils down to.

And please remember that credit card debt is 100% red-blooded American. You like America, don't you?

Remember folks, a strong credit industry is a strong America!

Bush screwed me out of the first check that he gave america right after he TOOK office. I got a letter telling me I would be getting a check, followed by another letter saying I wouldn't be getting one.

I'll get screwed out of this one too. He's a lying SOB. I hate him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the second check from uncle Bush, I recall we got one when he first went into office. I like the idea that this one is an apology check! Now it's not much of an apology for the families of dead soldiers... But really, after all the cash he spent on this Iraq war he couldve cured homelessness in america and really been something of a "hero" instead of a big fat zero. Of course conservatives wouldn't wanna do something that might actually help someone else.

I'm gonna put the dough I'll be paying back over the next 100 administrations towards my credit card bills - that'll get 'em! :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leery. The first check was later deducted from the next year's income tax refund. So basically it was just a "loan" from your own money.

IF I get a check, I'll try to save it for when I have to give it back. lol

Back