What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Castro Resigns

• Thread starter glider14
  • Start date
Wow. I thought he'd die and they hide that from the Cuban people.

At least he's finally admitted he's sick and can't continue.

He's turning the government over to his brother so I don't see that as much of an improvement.

We created Castro, in a way. Though he may step down, I don’t think much will change.

We didn't create Castro. He was self-created; self-evolved if you will.....

If Hillary doesn't get the nomination, I think she should try for Cuba. She would look pretty good in those OD fatigues. And I won't even mention the cigar....

According to our president, it should spark a "democratic transition" in Cuba. Total BS.:crazy:

One word, yay

Just like we didn't create the guy in china, who's name escapes me right now.

We created Castro by supporting a corrupt and brutal Batista government that was so unpopular it allowed Castro to be in a position to take over and be seen as a hero by doing so.

Just look it up.

Why do we have a trade embargo with Cuba?
Is there a good reason the Cuban people can't have new cars, building supplies, etc.?

its kinda like the kid pouting and grabbing his basketball.....saying i aint playing with you anymore and going home........has it accomplished anything? no.....but it made the kid with the ball feel superior at the time

Well, it's good that he resigned, but he's handing it over to his Bro so... we're back where we started.

It is stupid that we have an embargo on Cuba. It's not really "punishment". And if an American wants to go to Cuba, all they have to do it hop to Canada or Mexico and fly from there. Silly, silly, silly.

I feel bad for the Cubans. I am glad we offer them sanctuary (if they can get here, that is.) I saw a movie called Before Night Falls (I'm sure the book is better!) and Cuba looks like a horribly oppressive, although beautiful, place to live. In it, they even tried to build a balloon to escape.

Can you get Cuban Cigars through Mexico?

through mexico...and through barbados heh

Alex

Cuba lost something like 80% of it's economy when the USSR fell apart, yet managed to survive and with literacy and life expectancy rates ~equal to us. That isn't to condone their stupid and brutal controls, but we would tear each other up and take the rest of the world down with us if the US experienced even a fraction of such an economic blow.

Castro was basically the Mao Zedong of Cuba is what Finch is saying.

Back