What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

have i said before that i love my state?

yah lost me poly??

Yea, have you heard of this one yet?
http://www.republicoflakotah.com/

Not every ones happy with the states..
But I'm curious as to why No ones really heard about this? IT happened recently

lakotanation.jpg

I read that before and can't remember what led me to it.

Even if one ignores breach of contract issues, lots of tribes could file claims against the US government if we applied modern standards for determining a contract was signed under coercion. Many people would find themselves swimming to Europe and hoping to find a welcoming relative. Or maybe they'll be herded onto whatever land no one else wants.

nep ak................i live on a Lakota indian reservation......that didnt even make the tribal newspapers here....most of the Souix up here think Russel Means is more than a tad bit nuts.....near as any one can figure up here Russel Means "Lakota Nation" might consist of a dozen ppl :grin:

But Rattler, you're a tad bit nuts too. If you were Sioux, you might be him. I certainly can't see you kicking back on the rez and filling up on frybread. The BIA provides enough to stave off a mass uprising, which is pretty similar to how inner city minorities are managed.

But Rattler, you're a tad bit nuts too. If you were Sioux, you might be him. I certainly can't see you kicking back on the rez and filling up on frybread. The BIA provides enough to stave off a mass uprising, which is pretty similar to how inner city minorities are managed.

well yah got me on the crazy part.

as far as weither i would join Means if i were Souix i doubt i would join. granted i cant say my experiance matches his so i cant say my outlook on life would be the same but i find the whole idea a tad interesting. cant figure where they gain anything by declaring independance. the Montana succeeding thing would be based on violated personal freedom. the Souix did it cause the feds screwed their great-grand parents? my ancestors killed each other all the time and you dont see the Brits demanding reperations from the Norwiegians and Swedes for the vikings sacking britian on a regular basis. i dont see the benifits of declaring independance in their case. if anything it will make life harder than on them. granted Montana succeeding wouldnt be a bed of roses but thats taking freedom over opression. the Souix are anything but oppresed. hell the government encourages them to teach their kids the Souix language by paying for and indian language teacher at the public high school....they dont even have to go through the work of teaching their kids english and Souix, the government(read you and me) pays for it.............WTF?

I believe I have heard of the Lakota Nation before. Had forgotten about it. I think it lies somewhere east of the Lakanookie and Nodikatol nations.

:rolleyes:

I think it's between Lontana and Linnesota, just south of Lanitoba.

Back