What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lunar eclipse

• Thread starter Jayson16
  • Start date
I hear that there is going to be a full/total lunar eclipse tonight, last time I checked it was bout quarter full. I dont know how often they occur, but I just found out today. Just wanted to share to those that didnt know.

ive been watching it since 9. really cool!

I've been planning to film this for about a week now.

Dang freaking clouds. :censor:

its at total right now. beautiful red color!

I was just watching it. Got some pictures of the final sliver of light.

I have a really cool view of clouds, lots of clouds. anyone want to post some nice pics of it for those of us who have weather that will not co-operate.

I would have loved to get some nice pictures but my tripod sucks.

All I got were slivers, I wanted to get the nice RED color.

I've been planning to film this for about a week now.

Dang freaking clouds. :censor:

Ditto (on the clouds). I could still see it, just not perfectly clear. If I hadn't been on a train all day I would've taken my telescope out.

xvart.

Cloudless Wisconsin night. Watched it for a few moments and went inside. One look is all I need.

We saw the beginning of it..
We could see the monster beginning to eat the moon..
I told my wife we need to go out in the backyard and beat on drums to scare the monster away! she wasnt interested.. ;)
(it was like 10 degrees out)

but then we had some Lake effect snow roll in, so clouds obscured the rest of it..
didnt get to see totality.

Scot

I saw it too. Really neat.

:pics:

I was heartbroken. It was snowing here. :( Any other time I'd be jumping for joy at seeing some snow (meager as it usually is) but...I MISSED THE ECLIPSE!

I love stuff like that.

Reminds of one of my favorite science fiction short stories when I was a kid.

Back