What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fruit pizza

losfreddy

Composter
idk where all this come from, but been on the subject of blueberries. Talking about would it be cool to make a fruit pizza with kiwis, mangos.. stuff the crust with strawberries. Apple sauce instead of tomatoe sauce. Topping could be shredded beef jerky. my boss it going to let me make this at work. should be cool

Where do you work? I have often wondered if a pizza like that would be any good, let us know how it goes.

Mangoes are related to poison oak. They give a rash if you don't wash it off your skin.
The whole fruit pizza thing sounds like a nice idea though!

Sounds like a dessert pizza. Don't know about the beef jerky, though...

xvart.

Better yet a hard crust like a pie crust almost then whipped creame ontop or something. That sounds good. Magno I have chewed the leafs if the leafs taste like mangos sorta then it is a mango tree and I am severely allergic to poison oak and I eat the mango off the peel nothing maybe it effects only some people I guess.. Stuff the crust with like preserved straw berries :D That sounds really cool and well makes me want that pizza desert thingy.

I used to work at Brothers Pizzaria, oh at least 30 lbs of my extra weight is due to them! :)

My fave was loading up a regular thin crust with double layer canadian bacon with double the shrooms and onions. Being the only person there at daytime, everyday was whatever pizza I wanted day!

Never can eat fruit or chicken on pizza - just too weird! :crazy:

not a pizza like a modification,like a pie crust and then like a dessert.

When my ex worked at a pizza place I got hooked on pineapple for a while. Just simple like that, pineapple, cheese, and sauce. Had a really good mix of sweat and slightly salty.

Never can eat fruit or chicken on pizza - just too weird! :crazy:

Chicken is okay in my book. I love those buffalo chicken wing pizzas at places like CiCi's or Pizza Street. MMMMMmmmm...

xvart.

I'm all for the jerky topping! Can't convince my wife, though, in our homemade pizza. Fruit doesn't go with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce!

I'm all for the jerky topping! Can't convince my wife, though, in our homemade pizza. Fruit doesn't go with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce!

I love jerky, too; but jerky and fruit? No thanks, lol.

xvart.

:puke:

A deesert pixzza with a pie crust with fruit like straw berry crust filling,mango,kiwi and others with whipped creame the crust would be deep dish so like a pie almost. Ilove jerkey :D

I was with you until you got to the beef jerky topping. :puke2:

I will say that for years I thought pineapple and Canadian bacon on pizza was gross...until I actually tried it. Now I love it. Still...an all-fruit pizza sounds good. The Pizza Hut near my office serves a dessert pizza of cinnamon apples with icing drizzled over it and its really good. Like a flat apple pie.

the jerkey would make it bad but the rest sounds okay,
Canadian bacon and pineapple is great :D

The local pizza place here has a dessert pizza on their noon buffet. It has the kind apples like in apple pie, along with brown sugar and white icing. It's not the same kind of crust as their regular pizza though.

It seems like there has been a discussion about beef jerky as a pizza topping on here before.

Desert pizzas are great with all the fruit and a crust of sugar cookie doe and a cream cheese sauce, but adding beef jerky to it would just ruin it! Need to have all fruit and a cream cheese sauce and then nothing but fruit! All sorts of fruit is good.

haha wahts wrong with jerky topping other than its cHeWy
he ymaybe put some dried banana chips on top
banana_chips.jpg

haha wahts wrong with jerky topping other than its cHeWy

The fact that it so starkly contrasts the rest of the toppings. I'm not saying that it couldn't be good, and I'd definitely TRY it, but I could see it being better without the jerky. I'm just not sure how the flavours would complement one another...

Jim, one of these days I'm going to make a pizza with jerky on top and dedicate it to you. lol :)

Jim, one of these days I'm going to make a pizza with jerky on top and dedicate it to you. lol :)

I look forward to it... and I'll pay the $4.60 postage!

Back