What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 news story already impossible to top...

• Thread starter MrFlyTrap2
  • Start date

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
There's going to be nothing more weird in 2008 than this one...

Woman sits on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/
Girlfriend was physically stuck to the seat — her skin had grown around it

wow, like what? What would possibly top this story...

I didn't know humans could wrap around objects either.

wow...

my favorite part.....not in the link posted above but on another article on the same story.....

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

Situations like this are kinda hard to wrap your mind around. Sort like how hard it must have been for her skin to wrap around the toilet....

???

:0o:

:oops:

:-))

Talk about a girlfriend moving in and refusing to leave.

LOL

Maybe she didn't have any toilet paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming the story is true as he told it, both need more attention at the top than at the bottom.

... what can you possibly say about that? What?

Its just so...

Heh. I had to send this to my Dad since he grew up an hour from Ness City. I'll echo everyone else when I say: :crazy:

xvart.

Not the first time this has happened (well maybe with a toilet). Some mentally ill and morbidly obese people have become fused with their couches and beds in the past. Their family continues to bring them food to stuff their faces with.

Everyone I've showed this to has had the same reaction as around here... utter disbelief. Would it be too inappropriate to say...

:pics: lol.

xvart.

"Im sorry honey, but you must go. You are engulfing the toilet seat"

Everyone I've showed this to has had the same reaction as around here... utter disbelief. Would it be too inappropriate to say...

:pics: lol.

xvart.

For scientific purposes of course... 8) still can't figure out how that'd happen.

Man maybe I spoke too soon, or maybe 2008 is just going to be a weird / creepy news year. Then again it could be MSNBC is just turning into a tabloid.

But this one weirded me out as well.

30,000 people a year wake up during surgery.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23597612/

Likely both...

if you enjoy weird news you cant go better than snopes daily collection of weird news from all over the web

http://snopes.com/daily/

of course, the toilet is there too!

I heard that she was a slow reader. :crazy:

I'm somewhat confused. Her skin had grown around the seat, to the point they had to pry it off. Yet her BF was supplying her with food and water - so this implies that he was able to get the door open to give this to her, since she couldn't move. But the way the story is written I got the impression she locked herself in. Also - how could you sit in that one position for so long? After a few minutes on the throne my legs become uncomfortable. I'd imagine after an hour or so your legs would go numb, painfully so. Then atrophy. And she'd have to sleep in that position too.... Just so many questions!!!!!

How I read it, they had pry the seat off the toilet with her still attached. It wasn't until she got to the hospital that they were able to get the seat off of her body.

I found updated articles, turns out she wasn't sitting there for 2 years, however she was in the bathroom for 2 years... then eventually sat down and stayed there for months, to which her body started to grow around the seat.

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=40065&cat=14

The local paper here in northern Kansas said she changed clothes and took a shower once in awhile. But stayed in there for close to two years. The boyfriend went in and talked with her and "lead a normal relationship, except that it all took place in the bathroom."

I have had some people bang on the door and ask me if I had fallen in, but this is insane!

The only question that comes to my mind is this, was this the only bathroom in their house? Where did the boyfriend do his business? :blush:

Back