What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Herro

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
Hey guys, I've returned from the parallel universe! (I think it's called "responsibility" or something.) Now that Spring is coming around I'm trying to find time to keep up with the forums, but once my next quarter of school begins I'll probably go back to lurking. Lots of new things going on in my life - finally got my Fall quarter student loans a few weeks ago (yay not living on credit cards,) bought my first (own) computer/laptop (yay discretionary spending on credit cards,) been shuffling around between jobs and am now actually employed someplace where I can build my work history, and it turns out that I have narcolepsy (they gave me perscription stimulants so that I don't fall asleep while driving my car.) As it is most of my free time is consumed with formal language proofs and Smash Bros. Brawl. I hope everyone has been doing well.
~Joe

NO WAI!!!

<<< informal net talk is so much better with conveying some sentiments

Its great to have you back, I am always impressed by your articulately worded arguments and opinions.

Smash Bros. Brawl seems so entertaining, I am seriously considering getting a Wii this weekend because of the great Zelda, Mario, and Smash games on it. If I do, and it seems likely, perhaps we could battle online sometime! Or something.

Well, that's mostly good! I'm sorry about the narcolepsy. Think of the speed they gave you as consolation prize. I wasn't aware that narcolepsy can develop later in life.

Not sure when it develops, but by the sound of it, I've been narcoleptic my whole life - my doctors' records show all the symptoms for the past 10-12 years. It's so nice to have a diagnosis that isn't "you're just sad that your parents got a divorce," or "you need to lose some weight." Incidentally, weight loss is much, much easier when you don't sleep 10-16 hours a day.
funny-pictures-narcolepsy-rat.jpg

~Joe

I've been wondering where you've been. Turns out you've been asleep all this time.

It's good to have you back.

Hey Joe - we've missed you. Glad to have you back, even if only temporarily when next quarter starts. Glad you found a job that can start building work history. I've never been a fan of the Smash Brothers series; but, I can see the appeal.

xvart.

I've never been a fan of the Smash Brothers series
THATS CRAZY TALK!!!

welcome back Joe! sorry to say all the darlingtonia seedlings you gave me died off...one by one... ill have to try it again soon!

Alex

Welcome back, Joe!

Hootie Hoo ! Welcome back man !

Back