What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy Coir Bale Batman!

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I just scored a 27 lbs (compressed) bale of Coco coir on ebay for $22 (+19 shipping), this is nearly 5 cubic feet when puffed up! I hate expanding the little bricks, I'd rather puff up a huge amount and not have to mess with it again for along time, this should do me for all of the 2008 gardening season and more even. If you're interested check Ebay for coir and look for the seller mountaingirl she's the one selling the bales. look at this mother next to a common coir brick:
http://www.redrocknursery.com/ebay2/coirbale2.jpg

This ain't an ad for the seller, I haven't even got my order yet i'm just so stoked about getting a whole compressed bale since I've only ever seen the little bricks for sale.

take pictures of it expanding PLEASE

Run for cover you mean?! Maybe I'll toss it in my aunts above ground pool when we get together on easter! :-D

Actually I was thinking of using a hammer and screw driver to chip off handy size hunks. I guess bricks are a decent size but cost so much a piece even in bulk. And forget buying em at petshops!

Run for cover you mean?! Maybe I'll toss it in my aunts above ground pool when we get together on easter! :-D

lol. That would be awesome.

Actually I was thinking of using a hammer and screw driver to chip off handy size hunks. I guess bricks are a decent size but cost so much a piece even in bulk. And forget buying em at petshops!

How much does that small brick in your picture cost, just so we can compare?

xvart.

That's not my pic, it's the sellers pic from the ebay ad. for some reason I couldn't get it to display here as anything but a link.

At Petco/Petsmart/Dan & Steves Petfood Warehouse/TC Reptiles/etc. a normal coir brick like that goes about $5.99-$7.99 depending upon which shop has it - the bale is supposed to be equal to 16 bricks.

Back