What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh man, robotic masters on the way...

• Thread starter MrFlyTrap2
  • Start date
That sounds more plausible better holding power,a air compressor and an air tank that sounds better :D I did not listen to the clip... The holding to energey ratio would be better.. The human form is less practicle for robots bipedic movement for robots sounds more complex and harder to control. Okay that has to be an air compressor :D

Here's another video of BigDog on a rampage through the town...

Enjoy.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VXJZVZFRFJc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

This thing is way to creepy... I dont think im gonna be able to sleep O,o

Enjoy.

<object height="355" width="425">

:-D Wow it's like a human version of the robot lol i dont know if anyone else noticed but definetly 2 people in there... you would have to be stupid not 2 lol :jester: :jester: :jester: That is really funny htough

Oh my gosh, that thing is insanely scary looking O.O

If you spaz out it looks like 2 people wearing black holding up a big platform.
Great recovery when he kicked it O.O

Enjoy.

Oh man, that's a fantastic parody! It had me goin' for about a minute. Some pretty clever people out there..........

what the heck???

It did it again!!

...and yet again!!

Andrew! We gots some code skrewed up here............

Settle down Fryster you're becoming hysterical! ::slap slap slap::

I watched both videos again last night, lol and I actually think the real BigDog is a lot more nimble then the human counter part.

Aww man they put horns on it now...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ptyV1cpE14o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

And yes it know's what you're doing and where you're going...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VNRtL8exd14&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

That thing is cool.... and a bit creepy!

....Where's Sarah Connor!?

The video is so choppy - I can't tell if it's really stable or just moving really slowly. Pretty cool though. I've been wondering why more walking frames with this kind of articulation aren't around. Would look cooler as a hexapod though. :D
Isn't ASIMO supposed to be dynamically balanced in the final spec? I thought they were using static stability in the prototypes for power concerns. Doesn't it have both a gyroscope and dynamic counterweights?
As for the eerie, lifelike quality of the Big Dog's motion - it's probably because the control system is a close model of an actual tetrapod gate. The nerves that control four-legged locomotion in mammals and other vertebrates are very simple and fairly well-studied. If I recall correctly, most mammals can stand, walk and run without using their brains at all - it's all done with hardware in the spinal cord.
~Joe

Back