What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do during the outage?

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Finally level 3 communications fixes whatever problem they had with the line... Note, that is not who my server is with, but is who supplies the connection for my server (and many many others...)

anyway- What did you do during the outage? You would think I'd get something done... but mainly I sat her and kept pinging the connection and followed the outage through out the USA lol
andrew

Oh and a side note... my server was updated to a newer version of Linux yesterday AM... And for a while I thought this was related and was bummed thinking about having to restore the forum from a back up from a hackjob on the update... but as stated above that wasn't the issue.. so.. YAY! hehe :p

I sat here going Click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click

Then my finger hurt and I went to bed at 2am.

I see by your post it was restored before 2:19. Just my luck.

Ha. I see I didn't miss anything last nite. I never made it upstairs to the computer.

I'm sure some way, some how, Ozzy must have broken the forum. He is always responsible for things breaking or crashing or burning. :p

I tried accessing the site over 10 times, when i realized i couldn't, i tried to find something to keep me occupied which happened to be solving my 2x2x2, 3x3x3, and 4x4x4 rubik's cubes about 4 times each then going to bed

Totally oblivious!

I just thought my computer was not working. That being said I was pretty oblivious as well.

I sat here going Click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click

Then my finger hurt and I went to bed at 2am.

I see by your post it was restored before 2:19. Just my luck.

Hehe:

refresh.gif

But later on, on Thursday I couldn't get on.

That was caused by a software update to the server on tues that ended up causing a bottleneck... The settings have been changed on the server to reflect the new (and improved? lol) linux software... Should be all solved now and give us even better performance/security/reliability than before.

This is very funny :-))
refresh.gif

Andrew

This is very funny :-))
refresh.gif

Andrew

lol. At least you are not frantically hitting the "panic" button. During the first outage I barely noticed as I was helping some students with an overflowing toilet that was leaking through three floors... The second time I was at work and... well... I guess I worked...

xvart.

same thing as ozzy click click click click click click until i got pissed very badly :censor:

Hey...Ozzy is out of town so we can blame EVERYTHING on him and he won't know!!

:-))

Back