What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hobby New Hobby!!!!!

ok outta straight boredom and curiosity i wanted to test my hugehome made throwing knife which weighs 3lbs and my throwing star yesterday. the knife just clubs into things...too heavy... and the star is funny cause ive actually split a log with it throwing it about 50 times have split boards of a fence and almost got hit in the leg from a bounceback!!:0o: But im addicted to throwing that star and wanna get some knives and more stars and throwing needles (shuriken) etc. :-)) i feel like a kid again :0o: wait i am arent i? :jester: try it!! but a large star and throw it into a log or wooden fence or something and you might be out there for hours!! Its like a more on the edge game of darts!!

you aint a hemophiliac are yah?.........one of my buddies brothers is......took up knife making......2 months into the hobby it almost cost him his life cause he sliced his hand and dang near didnt get the bleeding slowed down fast enough to get help called.......never been interested in throwing knives.....seemed idiotic to me to throw away a perfectly sevicable weapon and risk loosing it......i prefer tossin lead or arrows at things.........

no im not a hemo (hope thats not offensive...) try takin a 4 inch piece of steel and throwin it into a log about the size of a mans chest and youll know why ninja used them so long ago... they go in real deep...have to twist to pull them out...ouch... and flesh creates a vaccuum so yeah.... anyway its just for fun. id like to a a francesca (a throwing axe that named the country "France"...). or any throwing axe...

420 grains of hardcast lead(read about 1 ounce)..................1900 feet per second...........out of a rifle about as long as my arm and weights all of 7 pounds........i can crack the engine block of a truck.....................bring it on knife boy...... :grin:

Throwing knives can be fun.

One time I was impaired by a certain substance and I was trying to impress a girl I was with, so I took out my knife and threw it to the wall. It hit wrong and bounce off then stuck in her leg.

She looked down at the blood coming out of her leg with a stunned look on her face then looked up a me and busted out laughing. She was also impaired by the same substance.

Rattler shoot magnesium engine blocks :D
I threw one in a fire then wore welding goggles..
Very bright and intense.
For the knives umm do what you want be be careful Getting cut and stopping the bleeding from anything very sharp is hard and not fun.
I took up keeping aquatic plants and fish I'm hooked and want to get another 10 gallon or upgrade my planted tank to a 20 high.

Throwing knives can be fun.

One time I was impaired by a certain substance and I was trying to impress a girl I was with, so I took out my knife and threw it to the wall. It hit wrong and bounce off then stuck in her leg.

She looked down at the blood coming out of her leg with a stunned look on her face then looked up a me and busted out laughing. She was also impaired by the same substance.

ROFLMAO... classic.

DO NOT PLAY WITH SHARP OBJECTS!!

screw that........bones heal and chicks dig scars................course there is that issue about nerve damage in my left hand.............hmmmmmmmmm.........nahhhhhhhhhhhh.......ill stick with chicks dig scars :grin:

haha dig my scar its like a quarter inch wide and an inch long I got cut by a window.
looks like its from a knife though.
there are worse scars for example if you got attacked by a bear etc and lived, but I thought I would mention mine.

In that case I'll burn myself on the ultra hot wood stove more ..
Kidding but I have some big scars from the stove though....
Besides we have a pellet stove now..

CATTLE BRAND!!!
so davey why not just buy some metal stars.

cattle brand? your freaking nuts......having held down thousands of calves to help get ppl get them branded ive come WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY to close to getting branded myself on accident, enough times i now let someone younger and dumber hold the head while i hold the back legs.....have burned myself on accident many times when i worked at a pizza joint, damn pizza ovens.....anyone who does that on purpose aint right in the head........

I've built a thing like a tazer on steriodes and ontop of that I could make plasma globes and stuff :D I have charged myself with a negative ion generator makes your hair stand up and makes me shock peoples :D It is a static shock not like a high power electric fence(I have worked on those for a few years)
Ya that is not like an electric fence those make you fall over that tazer seems weaker ..

i built a van de graaff generator once. it produced electric sparks that were only 1 inch long:-(. If i knew where to get the right transformers and oscillators i'd make a taser.

that reminds me................ive gotta go over to the City PD's office.......the police chief said i can watch the video of all the officers being tased.......im told the footage of one of the real prick cops is priceless

Get a neon sign x former the old type get some beer bottles the right gauge of wire and so on google tesla coil.
there very dangerous and I sold mine on ebay with a big in bold and red warning a VDG is very safe compared to a tesla coil. Or do a flyback setup those are cheap and safer

hahaha throwing knives??? Haha nice! Im wiht rattler though, why through stars when you can shoot high veloctiy lead?

Adam, WE HAVE TECHNOLOGY! :-))

Back