What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Hobby New Hobby!!!!!

oops. double post.

like a electromagnetic rail gun :D

Have any of you ever heard of History Reanactments?
We do this one once a year.....It's really fun(except for when it rains) some of my friends do it too, and you get to shoot Black Powder Guns, shoot primitive Archery, throw knife and tomahawk, and overall just party.:-D

Edit: and I forgot the Indian Pow Wow is fun to.

i built a van de graaff generator once. it produced electric sparks that were only 1 inch long:-(. If i knew where to get the right transformers and oscillators i'd make a taser.

You can make stun gloves with a rubber glove and a camera flash...I would do it, but I suck at reading instructions, and I'd probably just end up blowing up my hand lol

-Gabe

One time I was impaired by a certain substance and I was trying to impress a girl I was with, so I took out my knife and threw it to the wall. It hit wrong and bounce off then stuck in her leg.

She looked down at the blood coming out of her leg with a stunned look on her face then looked up a me and busted out laughing. She was also impaired by the same substance.

Sounds like you are a real hoot on a date. ???

Men really seem to groove on violence. I don't get it.

It wasn't a date, we were working.

Those are nasty you could blast your felsh away form the discharge of the capaciter :) Seriously you make pits in the screw driver from discharging the cap.

screw that........bones heal and chicks dig scars................

I think they dig scars on dudes more than they dig scars on themselves... But I could be wrong, lol.

xvart.

Those are nasty you could blast your felsh away form the discharge of the capaciter :)

There's tons of videos on how to make a stun gun/taser from a capacitor from a disposable camera, but in all actuality these are not true stun guns. A stun gun takes DC (usually 9v), puts it through i series of diodes capacitors, transistors, and sometimes even 555 timers to convert it into AC, then puts that AC through more capacitors and diodes to increase the voltage (several hundred thousand volts). The advantages between a fake stun gun and a real one is that real stun guns can continuously apply voltage where as a fake stun gun has to charge a capacitor, discharge, charge, discharge. And plus, true stun guns make an intimidating sound.

but if you cant afford a gun or are into old weapons why not? especially if you can build them yourself

Knives? Thrown? ???

Ah well,
Since when did hobbies have to be logical.

I did have a throwing star as a kid, and no tree was safe! But knives, what if you just hit the target with the handle instead of the blade? THUD

Need some skill to get the sharp point where you want it, right?

Knives? Thrown? ???

Ah well,
Since when did hobbies have to be logical.

I did have a throwing star as a kid, and no tree was safe! But knives, what if you just hit the target with the handle instead of the blade? THUD

Need some skill to get the sharp point where you want it, right?

Very much so and i suck with the knives :jester: but stars are fun too im trying to get stars and knives and a couple spikes too

I love shuriken too, but those are way to sharp to throw in my area.
706_angry_ninja_smiley_throwing_a_n.gif

I love shuriken too, but those are way to sharp to throw in my area.
706_angry_ninja_smiley_throwing_a_n.gif

I think thats crap. Truthfully its a rights violation (RTBA) and i cant believe no one's done anything about that or the ******* govt is too tyrannical because we let it (like Thomas Jefferson said would happen)

But knives, what if you just hit the target with the handle instead of the blade? THUD

actually you can throw bout any knife and have it hit the target 90% of the time how you want it be it blade or handle first.........much easier to do with a balanced "throwing" knife than the average pocket knife but the same results can be had with both.......all it takes is technique and lots of practice as with most anything else...........but i still say a knife is way to important of a tool to be throwing away..... give me a good ol' John Browning designed 1911 45ACP any day......45 shells are cheap and more effective

lol but rattler im talking bout a hobby and chuckin it into a log stump!! not for defense or survival :jester:

dont really see the difference.......whats the use of learning something if your not going to apply it........example the wife and i hunt in BFE where under good conditions it will take 2 hours to an ambulance to get to me and another 2 to get to a hospital.....in a bad set of circumstances its closer to 8 for them to get to me or my wife......this is with me hunting within 45 miles of the nearest hospital.....solution? got wind that the fire chief is going to be holding first responder classes out at the Hutterite colony soon......we told him the wife and i would like to attend and get certified.......after that ill likely take the 80 hour EMT course the next time the hospital offers it........ive got minimal interest in running on the ambulance but given what i and the wife like to do, be it hunting in BFE or chasing wildland fires, that bit of time out of our lives to learn the stuff can mean the difference between the life and deah of a loved one or someone else in the future.............knowledge is worth more than anything, but useless if it can not applied when needed, especially if after you gain the knowledge you do nothing to make sure your prepared to use it.....

Back