What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone ever used Tretinoin (Renova, Retin-A)

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    care
if yah want a badger hair brush, i can get yah a badger......warning though..........they is a tad temprimental, out bird hunting i have discovered tha a 12 gauge with bird shot just pisses them off, and doesnt do crap to kill one or even slow it down......been "treed" in the back of a pickup many times by the grumpy things..........the wife requests that if you wish me to send a live badger that you pay for the medical bills in advance or atleast allow me to go a few round with a baseball bat for a bit before trying to get it into the box for shipping to try and take most the fight out of it..........

Jebus Those razors are EXPENSIVE

I might get one though. Just because of how old school it is.

I got my Tretinoin the other day from my PCP. It was funny. I asked for Tretinoin and he immediately got a very worried look on his face and said "That's a serious drug. We don't even prescribe that. You have to go take monthly blood tests etc." I corrected him and said "Are you sure you're not thinking of Isotretinoin?". His concerned face went away and
he smiled and said "Oh, sure! I'd be happy to give you that." Considering I want to be a doctor, I think what just happened was a very good sign :)

Only $68, not too bad at all, especially since I won't be buying it on a monthly basis. I only use a pea-sized amount each night. I wonder how long a 45 gram tube will last? A half a gram per day would last three months...but I don't know what half a gram of cream looks like and I'm not going to weigh it nightly lmao.

Can you say "Chemical Burn"? I hope my skin adjusts to it sooner rather than later. If .05% affects me like this, I'm glad I didn't try .1%. I'm going to apply it every other night for a week to let my skin adjust. At least I won't get wrinkles on my neck when I'm an old man.

Only $68, not too bad at all, especially since I won't be buying it on a monthly basis. I only use a pea-sized amount each night. I wonder how long a 45 gram tube will last? A half a gram per day would last three months...but I don't know what half a gram of cream looks like and I'm not going to weigh it nightly lmao.

Like I said before, I use more than a pea-sized amount every night and my 45g tube lasts me several months. You should be good for a loooong while. lol

Can you say "Chemical Burn"? I hope my skin adjusts to it sooner rather than later. If .05% affects me like this, I'm glad I didn't try .1%. I'm going to apply it every other night for a week to let my skin adjust.

IIRC, when I first started it seemed a little intense to me, too. That went away fast enough, though. Remember though, when used on days that you shave, the drying effect seems to be multiplied. Moisturize every morning after use! (and whenever you feel you need it, for that matter.)

Good luck!

Back