What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What light do you use for LFS?

I think my window is too hot. I have a dome over the tray and the temp was 97 in there. What kind of light or how many watts do you use to grow yours?

I just have a clump of it sitting in a plastic container, by a window sill. All I do is replenish the water. The top layer is growing out of the water.

mine is in my greenhouse in a container its about 110F in there I bet but its doing fine.
I use sunlight.

sunlight works for me. I also have a dome but I keep it slightly open for good air exchange.
I wouldn't worry much about temp. I think sphagnum is tougher then you think:)
peace,
Zero

97 degrees is fine, but if you're trying to "farm" it, make it cooler. High light will produce short, compact moss, low light will produce more billowy, lanky moss. I prefer the former.

The best was to do it is to stick it outside in full sun! Frequent overhead watering is appreciated.

Really you guys get it growing in full sun? Man everytime I try it in direct sun it goes all brown/black but if I start it in a window (east or west-all I got) or under flourescents it grows fine.

I have some growing in my circ bog growing fine. Froze and everything this winter. As long as you keep it wet it will grow in full sun.

Yeah I'm trying to get it to grow so I can use it for my highland neps. But I don't have room to grow it in there with them or I would. Plus I want it so I would not have to keep buying it. I don't know how rare it is or not.

Back