What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 legged dog

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Five legged dog coming to Ohio

0832811354_fiveleggeddog300x225.jpg

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="570"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="3">
</td> <td valign="top"> Bill Safos
Created: 3/27/2008 2:20:25 PM
Updated:3/28/2008 2:40:47 PM

<table id="GetFullStory1_tblvideo" class="gtv_imagestable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td>
Video

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr></tbody></table> <!--- end headline, photo ---> VERMILION -- All dogs are special but this one may have a leg up on the others.
Angel is more than a four legged friend. She's a five legged friend. She was born with the extra appendage.

"She actually uses her one front leg as a crutch but she actually does have movement in both front legs," said Deborah Parker, Director of The Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary.

The good news for Angel is this weekend, she's moving from her home in Missouri to the sanctuary in Vermilion, Ohio.

"We take special needs animals from all over United States," said Parker.

Parker already has a two legged Chihuahua.

Thanks to the Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary, which is a registered 501(c) 3 non-profit organization, that Chihuahua uses a scooter or doggie wheel chair to get around.

"A breeder took him to the dog pound to have him euthanized," said Parker.

Parker saved Scooter who is not for adoption but the animal sanctuary has a three legged shepherd mix that is in need of a home.

"The quality of life can be great for these dogs. Just because you're missing an appendage doesn't mean you can't have a great quality life," said Dr. Frank Krupka.

When Angel comes to Ohio, Dr. Krupka of the Avon Lake Animal Clinic is going to evaluate the dog.

"There's a good chance this dog is going to need surgery," said Krupka.

Regardless Angel will eventually go up for adoption just like more than fifty other dogs at the Saint Francis Animal Sanctuary.

"Just because he has a birth defect doesn't mean he isn't worth loving," said Krupka.

Deborah Parker is proof of that. She loves a few permanent pets but while they wait for homes, she loves them all.

<!--- existing content --->

If they are going to do surgery on the 5 legged dog, cant they remove that leg and give it to the 2 legged chihuahua or the 3 legged shepherd?

What, nobody cares about a 5 legged dog?

???

That's only 25% more than normal. A 5 legged person or a bird with 5 wings; that's something that would make me want to play the video. But those are 150% increases.

I thought it was going to be something about a new rock band you'd heard. :-D

That's only 25% more than normal. A 5 legged person or a bird with 5 wings; that's something that would make me want to play the video. But those are 150% increases.

He's right.

It's got to be at least 150% to 125% abnormal before my interest is peaked...... ;)

Meh i still feel bad for it i meen come on the other lef isnt even functional

Back