What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh I almost forgot. Every year there seems to be somebody that completely figures out the joke. This year it was JLAP. Thanks dude for almost blowing the whole thing.

To everyone who donated, THANK YOU!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

A big "Thank You" to Travis, Andrew,Joe and Ozzy! This was great!

The list is finish. I have also moved a copy to the first post in this thread. Please go over it and then send your address and the plant you received to my Email ( voodoodancer@gmail.com ) with the subject April Fools giveaway.

Remember I promised that everybody that ask will get one plant or pack of seeds. If possible I will send more that one.

If you are getting an actual plant I'm asking for $4 shipping. I will waive the shipping charge if you sign up to be a member of NASC for one year. It's only $10, and it goes to save the plants that we love.

http://nasarracenia.org/index.php?option=com_acctexp&task=subscribe

If you only are getting seeds, I'll pay to ship them. You are always welcome to join NASC though.

When you send me your address, I'll send you a confirmation with my address in case you decide to pay me for shipping.

These plants are unpotted so they need to be sent out as soon as possible. I am setting a deadline for you to send me your address for Fri. the 4th. If you haven't sent me your address by then it will go to the next person in line for that plant.

Any plant or seed not given away will be donated to the upcoming NASC auction in June.

Last edited:
Well played Ozzy, well played :) Thanks for letting me be part of it (in my oblique way.)

No need to thank me :) Ozzy did (or should I say is doing) the lions share by boxing it all up and getting it all out. All I did was make some much needed space by clearing out spares.

interesting..
so it WAS a joke..but yet it also wasnt a joke..at the same time..
when Ozzy said its not a joke, its for real, he was telling the truth.
but yet it also was a joke..
So..if I have this straight..the "April fools joke" was that many assumed it was a joke,
when actually it wasnt...so the offer itself was not the joke, the joke was that people would think its a joke when it actually wasnt? :scratch:

I assumed it must be a joke at first..simply because of the date, and knowing Ozzy's "thing" for April 1st..
but then Ozzy went on about how its real, so then I thought "huh..I guess its for real then!"
and asked for one plant..
so I think I "fell for it"..but yet didnt, because it wasnt actually a joke..

so anyone who assumed its all a joke, and thus said nothing and didnt reply or ask for a plant "got it right" and didnt fall for the joke..
but yet the joke is on them because they missed out on free plants!

while those who "fell for it" and asked for a plant, thinking it was real, got "fooled" by the joke, but yet "win" because they are getting plants!

hmm..so, everybody wins, AND everybody loses!

woah..my head hurts! ;)

thats all actually quite brilliant! :)
well done!

Scot

Ozzy, just sent you an email... I actually called it... I thought it was reverse psychology from the start, and was right :)

*brilliant*!

You know what would have been brilliant, nobody asked for any plants and I got stuck with all the plants, most of which I don't know how to care for.

Then you guys could have said you got me this year.

I thought it was a joke, but I wanted to try anyways so thank you for doing this Ozzy and thank you Andrew, Travis, and Joe for providing the plants.

I sent a email thanks again very nice April fools joke I guess I'll have to look up the past ones.

I have responded to all the emails I have up to this time. I had one email go to my spam and one apparently I didn't get at all. If you have sent me an email and you didn't get one back from me, please resend.

Also to speed things up, please include your forum name in the email.

The plants being sent to me are correct!! Thanks again! :-D

I was just a bystander. But I'd still like to thank all the people who gave plants for this...Joe, Andrew and Travis. That was a nice giveaway!!

And a "haha!" to Noah for the idea. :)

Ozzy's probably been working on NEXT year's joke all this past year. He has to work harder and harder every year...but manages to pull it off. lol

Oh I almost forgot. Every year there seems to be somebody that completely figures out the joke. This year it was JLAP. Thanks dude for almost blowing the whole thing.

... I did? I don't remember figuring out anything. Did you even have a joke this year? I think I must have missed it if you did.

Here's the list that I have that has sent me their address. If your name is not on this list and you are entitled to a plant you need to contact me before tomorrow.

MrFlyTrap2
Maxx
bluebird
rco911
maxposwillo
DroseraBu<wbr>g
Baylorguy
Nealfor
scottychaos
xvart
billylh
Bianchi914
Neps_N_Things
Huntsmanshorn
seedjar
JRFxtreme
Michael

Last edited:
Yes, what Pyro said...
Well played. I thought this joke was pretty.......

hilaris.

:-))

Well played Ozzy, well played :) Thanks for letting me be part of it (in my oblique way.)

i just sent you an email, my email starts with aupperk@......com
i took the service out so i dont get spam like my old email :mad:

Back