What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sure PM me

Got me. To refine my previous request, seeds featuring S. minor 'Okee' would be particularly welcome if you end up with nobody to take your extras.
Thanks again,
~Joe

Well, the offer has come to an end. I know there is one question that everybody is asking themselves "Is this just an April Fools joke?"

I had somebody PM me and ask "Is there going to be a joke this year?" I replied "Look at the calender"

The answer to that question is pretty simple but yet very complex. Simple answer is yes this is an April fools joke, but it's more complex than that.

I'll start at the beginning.

It was about a month before the April fools joke last year, I got an email from a person that said he had a suggestion for an April Fools joke. I told him that I already had one in the works but that his would make a pretty good one. So it was shelved until earlier this year.

The complex part of this is who this joke was aimed at. Every year they were pretty much aimed at newbies who wasn't expecting it.This year it was not aimed at newbies. If you notice almost everybody that asked for plants have been here less than a year. Only a few brave or naive longtimers asked for plants.

This was the kind of joke that I could never had done alone. I had to find other people that were willing to help me. I found three very generous people that were more than willing to help me pull this off.

So when you look for somebody to blame/thank, which ever the case may be, I'm not the person you should look for. I was just a messenger this year. The Mastermind behind this was Noah. Here's his Email.

<just an="" idea="" in="" case="" you="" ve="" run="" out="" of="" your="" own="" (unlikely):="">

On April 1st, post an offer on the trading board offering some free but highly desirable items, such as S. Leah Wilderson seed or something. Most people, knowing you all too well, won't bite. Then give the newbs who don't know any better the prizes you offered them and laugh at everyone else for missing out. :D
<

So if you asked for plants you'll receive them. Give me some time to work out shipping. I'll post it soon.

I am not a gifted enough grower to produce all the plants and seeds.So you may be asking where did the plants come from.

Joe Griffin donated the D.hilaris seeds.

Our lovable administrator donated the two VFT's and ceph plants from his store Flytrapshop.com.

Everything else was donated by Travis Wyman AKA Pyro. He deserves an EXTRA special thanks for all he gave.

I know some people are still thinking this is not real and I don't have those plants to give away. Here a pic of most of them.

259297093O054241739.jpg

Oh and I was never upset with anybody for posting it was a joke. It was all part of</just>

Hey ozzy... thanks again for doing this for us your the man!!! And thanks to Pyro you are also the man!!! And all the great people who also contributed!!!

THANKS YOU!

-Ryan

Please thank the people that gave the plants.

Thanks Pyro, hes the guy with the frog avatar right?
Thanks for contributing to the giveaway and thank everyone else who helped contribute.
:clap:

Thanks for the offer guys!

I would like to clear up the fact that my post within the last few seconds of the give-away was not a request for seeds, just something I noticed haha. Thanks just the same everyone!

-J.P.

<table id="post866764" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(209, 209, 225) -moz-use-text-color rgb(209, 209, 225) rgb(209, 209, 225); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;"> 04-02-2008, 12:00 AM <!-- / status icon and date --> </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(209, 209, 225) rgb(209, 209, 225) rgb(209, 209, 225) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #142 <input name="plist[866764]" id="plist_866764" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle;" value="0" type="checkbox"> </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" rowspan="2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(209, 209, 225); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> xvart <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_866764", true); </script>
Doing it wrong until I do it right.

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_866764" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(209, 209, 225);"> <!-- message --> Thanks again, Ozzy. If there are any D. filiformis left over I would like to receive one of those, too.

xvart.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

:-))One Minute too late :-))

Poor xvart :( I guess now he has to buy one from me lol If he hadn't take the time to put italics on the name.. he would have made it... Proper grammar takes out another!! :-))

Thanks to Pyro (a great guy!) and to Joe for the plants and seeds!

As a side note, the stuff I donated will be shipped out by me. So that should help Capensis with his mom... Having the plant come from a nursery :) We'll sort all that out when Ozzy finalizes his list...
-Andrew

We'll sort all that out when Ozzy finalizes his list...

I got to do the list too? I spend almost two whole days making sure this went right and now you expect me to do the list too?

All you did was donate some plants, it seems like you could take care of that for me. You give people free plants and they expect you to all the work sorting everything out.

April Fools. :-))

yah man!! and you better do it in a hurry. Or I send YOU D. capensis seeds! By helicopter over your house! :grin:

:0o: Yes sir. On it now sir.

Thanks Travis, Andrew, and Joe. (and of course Ozzy for organizing this lol).

Hey Ozzy, is it too late to put my name down on that quilt in the picture?!

xvart.

You like it. Ask my wife.

Dangit, I knew that whole deal about the capensis seeds sounded fishy... I knew Andrew was smarter than to counter Ozzy's offter with a few packs of capensis seeds... :) oh well, good joke.

Yep Ozzy, everything looks good to me. 1 D. regia and D hilaris seeds.

Special thanks to Joe Griffin, Andrew and Travis. You guys put on a good show and came through with some awesome plants. I took some notes in the process on how to pull of an impressive joke

This one was easy compared to some of the ones in the past. You should look those up and read those. Two years ago we had people convinced that a new genus of cp had been discovered. That's a classic.

Back