What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paypal stinks!

I think, ebay and paypal today are a classic example of misguided capitalism. They could care less about us, small ebay sellers who actually brought them to the top but at the same time who are slowly degrading because of their all-for-$$ and deaf-ear policy. Take for example, when you try to contest ebay's unfair decision to terminate your auction because of your restrictions on payment methods aimed at protecting yourself from chargebacks, they will direct you to their bulk-email response system. In other words, you are talking to a dead wall trying to question their wrong judgment call after all your time and effort lost putting up the auction. Also, before it was bought by ebay, paypal had this $1000 monthly cap for sellers with a personal account to receive cash funds from buyers free of charge. Now, they cut it down to $500 forcing small sellers to turn to a premier account if they still want to use this convenient payment system. But if you have a premier account (which means you pay paypal fees for accepting credit cards), you do not even have this $500 cap anymore. They charge you fees even if the buyer pays with cash balance or bank transfers. Do you see a pattern here? Don't you think it's sneaky??​
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The same thing happened to me over a designer purse.
MY buyer recieved it, left me good feedback I did the same.
Then 2 weeks later she wants her montey back saying the bottom of the purse was ripped.
Paypal put a hold on the money. When I called I was told by a paypla employee that when a credit card company does a chargeback they win. She literally said there was nothing I could say or do that money was refunded.
Ive never recieved the purse back. They took shipping costs.
Plus Im out ebay fees.
Paypal had ebay send me an email saying my post to turn them in to the BBB was against policy.
So now paypal can turn me in for this post. I say we all band together and sue. I for one will go in with anyone who wants to file a case against paypal.
By the way I use bidpay now.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

why dont you tell me why ebay/paypal releases the funds back to the buyer before ever verifying that the seller gets the item back?
Why doesnt ebay allow sellers to get fees back once the refund is made?
Why is ebay insisting sellers use credit cards which are where the chargebacks come from?
Ebay has now decided we must accpet credit cards to use paypal.
Paypal sucks, most of the people on here have a few Paypal transactions I've had 5,900 and some, and it sucks. The workers are thugs, and treat the sellers like non-humans. The rules are in favor of buyers, and give no credibility to sellers. Example......a buyer from Korea can get surface shipping on an item (which typically takes 6 weeks)........and after paying via Paypal one day, can file a complaint the next day. And get a refund in 10 days following the payment. If the item enroute to Korea, its too bad...unless you have tracking on the item. Which is bull....you can't get tracking on a surface package through the United States Post Office. I know this, I sold a cd to a person in Germany, and they filed a Complaint 5 days after the sale....5 days, they live in Germany. Guess what ......in a few days this person will be getting a refund, and they also will be getting the cd when it arrives ------FREE. Paypal as usual was not help, they were nasty, they were cold and bad news. IF YOU DON'T ABSOLUTELY NEED PAYPAL ....DON'T USE IT.
Pay Pal has thier policy backward if a person uses paypal with out confirming thier address Pay Pal shouldnt protect them at all.
Pay Pal and Ebay need to install a method that sellers can BLOCK anyone who tries to use paypal without confirming.
Its crazy that paypal rewards a buyer by granting refunds to unconfirmed users while hurting the seller in good standing.​
The rule I use with Paypal is: Every time it's a gamble. You gamble enough times, sooner or later you lose your bet.
You wanna play, you gotta pay!

When I called paypal I was told that responding to the chargeback was useless if they file with thier credit card company to get money back paypal is going to give it to them.
There is No way to block users who are unconfirmed with paypal ebay wont block them paypal wont.
You dont know they are unconfirmed until they pay.
Ever try relisting after someone hasnt paid? You lose money and time. Relisting because someone is unconfirmed on paypal and you dont want to risk it is the same.
My merchandise was never returned. Paypal refunded shipping and purchase cost. So I am out fees, merchandise and time. Paypal doesnt protect me they protect the unconfirmed buyer. Ebay doesnt protect me from paypal.
I got positive feedback because I sold good merchandise.
Now Ive been hit three times with bidders with zero feedback in a week, I know its probably the same person screwing with me. But ebay doesnt stop that. Ebay has no protection against people changing ID's or buying with no intent to pay.
Paypal also stated that they will not protect you from quality of merchandise disputes only non shipped or non recieved items.
If they say you sold a crack diddyboo then you as a seller get stuck with the diddyboo that buyers kid stuck in the dishwasher and cracked!!
If the dog chews up chewbacca and they say you sold them a chewed chewy they get a refund!
SELLER BEWARE!
I laugh.. I called paypal they couldnt tell me how to block
unconfirmed buyers...they said do it through ebay..
I logged into ebay live chat..that ebay tech said there is no way at this time to do that...
OH yeah they are serious over there in CA at ebay/paypal.....
They cant even get thier own rules straight...
The rule you say to read and know...
Paypal clearly states they will NOT get involved in a quality of merchandise dispute...and yet they are holding my funds after a customer got her item..a day after sale..left positive feedback that she " loved it"
NOw took back with paypals help the purchase price, shipping fees and KEPT the item!!!! Because she says its "ripped up"
NOw how SERIOUS do think we should take paypal???
AND if you read paypals rules they nullify ebay rules.
Paypal doesnt care that the customer sends feedback that says they loved your item. They can say they love it, and still demand and get a refund.
NOw seriuosly take something back to Walmart. Tell them YOU LOVE IT IT works Perfectly. BUT you want a refund anyway...

I'm am looking into paypal alternatives and checking out this site
http://www.screw-paypal.com/home.html

Oh god, don't get me started on Paypal. they are thieves and they WILL steal your money. They did that to me a few years ago. The only way I got my money back was to go to my bank and sign an affidavit that Paypal stole my money. My bank took my money back from them.

I have been saying stay away from paypal for a long time.

I never have used it soo i guess that is a good thing ???

Oh god, don't get me started on Paypal. they are thieves and they WILL steal your money. They did that to me a few years ago. The only way I got my money back was to go to my bank and sign an affidavit that Paypal stole my money. My bank took my money back from them.

I have been saying stay away from paypal for a long time.

I have never had them steal my money but I am withdrawing now as soon as my funds I are added to my paypal from my bank account i am going to redeposit them into my bank and then close my account for good.

I also found this

2.2 Personal, Premier and Business Accounts. We offer three different types of Accounts: Personal, Premier and Business Accounts. You may only hold one Personal Account and either one Premier or one Business Account. By opening a Premier or Business Account and accepting the terms as outlined in this Agreement, you attest that you are not establishing the Account primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. (PayPal SAYS you can have two accounts, but if ONE account becomes limited or frozen, the other account will become limited or frozen as well! If you fail to resolve one issue with one account, PayPal will not release the funds in your other account until the first account issues have been resolved. One trick PayPal uses to keep your money is asking you to verify your social security number. However, PayPal will only accept your SSN ON ONE ACCOUNT. That means you cannot verify your SSN -- as PayPal requires -- on the second account. That means BOTH ACCOUNTS STAY FROZEN until you complete this impossible task)

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS remove your paypal balance whenever someone pays you! Don't keep money in there - it's your money put it in your bank and earn the interest yourself. I do that and thankfully have never had any such incidents as the stories above. I'm gonna make ya'll mad and say while I call ebay Evilbay, I do love wasting my paychecks there buying stuff I can't get round here or find on Amazon. I use paypal for all my purchases and my Ebay sales. But I always remove my money from them as soon as it's deposited, it's sent to my bank the same day. S'pose eventually they might make a rule you HAVE to keep it there a certain amount of time...say 30 day, "in the interest of protecting buyers".

The crappy buyers syndrome is something all retail stores have to put up with on occasion, with ebay you've got a whole earth of potentially crappy customers that you have to deal with. I had a guy kill his Nep months after I sold it to him and he wrote a two page letter about how mad his wife was that he spent so much on a small plant and that I sent a dying plant, on and on.. In his letter he ends ith something like " ...we saw these plants on TV and thought they would be great for our family. I bought your very expensive N. hamata as small as it was and repotted it in miracle grow and now several months later it's dead! I and my wife want our money back!" I explained that I had sent him a perfectly healthy N. hamata cutting rooted in a pot of LFS, one of many I sent out that summer and the plant tag had my old website printed on it which listed all the info he would need to grow the thing. After I told him this I never heard from him again. Thankfully this guy had paid with a money order or he may have been able to be one of the above horror stories.

Pay Pal love to freeze your account whenever they feel like it, usually citing 'fraudulent activity'.

Receiving a modest sum such as £1000 is usually enough for them to ring their alarm bells and steal your money.

Terrible company. I had a hard time trying to withdraw £800 - they insisted I did it £250 a month at a time because their stupid verification system doesn't work.

yeah its pretty lame. :censor: I am busy depositing my cash into my bank account and then I'm going to close my paypal for good!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, avoid Paypal like the plague that it is. It is not a bank, as ruled by the gov't., and is not subject to the same restrictions and oversights that they are. But PP wants you to think they are. And if you are "verified" via a confirmed bank account, watch out! In the fine print you authorized them to deduct from the account you associated with PP! Very dangerous, young grasshopper! I won't use PP ever again. They have way to much scope over your own money, and it leaves you open to be taken advantage of.

People tend to defend PP by saying they've never had a problem with them. Give it time. Use them enough and you will.

I understand everyone's concerns; but, on the other hand, I don't do massive amounts of money trading through them. For me, they are simply a convienence. Some sellers on ebay only accept paypal so until I either start massively buying or massively selling on ebay I'll keep taking my chances each and every time. If I lose a couple bucks sometime in the future, well so be it. I won't be happy about it; but, I'll keep reaping the rewards of winning auctions that many "soured" participants won't participate in because it is paypal only.

xvart.

I have yet to buy off ebay, I sell.

Alright I have $70 in my paypal linked with ebay I can't get it out since I can't verifie my addy,
whats the easiest way to get my money back verifie my addy by getting a bank account then later telling the bank(they said they don't allow paypal unless you say) to allow paypal get my money and fly ? Then remove my mom's credit card fomr the other account ?
I tried sending the money to my moms checking but alas it didn't wokr. I love ebay too bad what a conflict whats a good paypal or can I "safely" use paypal somehow ? like have another bank account with say $40 or so ?

Alright I have $70 in my paypal linked with ebay I can't get it out since I can't verifie my addy,
whats the easiest way to get my money back verifie my addy by getting a bank account then later telling the bank(they said they don't allow paypal unless you say) to allow paypal get my money and fly ? Then remove my mom's credit card fomr the other account ?
I tried sending the money to my moms checking but alas it didn't wokr. I love ebay too bad what a conflict whats a good paypal or can I "safely" use paypal somehow ? like have another bank account with say $40 or so ?

http://www.screw-paypal.com/alternatives/alternatives.html

Alright well I'll keep using paypal but will use a dfferent account.

Well put Xvart.

I've never had an issue with PayPal. I use it only for small purchases though. (eBay and other online businesses)

I can see where sellers might run into problems with deadbeat buyers however.

Overall, I find it very easy to use and convenient.

«knocks wood.........»

Back