What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail has a new feature

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Oh man this is awesome.

<table align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="94%"><tbody><tr><td style="text-align: left;" valign="top">New! Gmail Custom Time[SIZE=-1]<sup>TM</sup>[/SIZE] </td><td valign="top"> </td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="75%">
[SIZE=-1] Ever wish you could go back in time and send that crucial email that could have changed everything -- if only it hadn't slipped your mind? Gmail can now help you with those missed deadlines, missed birthdays and missed opportunities.[/SIZE]​
<noscript> <table width=94% align=center cellpadding=5 cellspacing=1> <tr> <td valign=top style="text-align:left">A Google approach to email. <td valign=top> </tr> <tr> <td width=75% valign=top>
[SIZE=-1] Gmail is a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that email can be more intuitive, efficient, and useful. And maybe even fun. After all, Gmail has:[/SIZE]​
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"><tbody> <tr> <td class="feature-image">
spam_new.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description"> [SIZE=-1]Less spam
Keep unwanted messages out of your inbox with Google's innovative technology[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="feature-image">
cell.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description">[SIZE=-1]Mobile access
Read Gmail on your mobile phone by pointing your phone's web browser to http://gmail.com/app. Learn more[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="feature-image">
storage.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description"> [SIZE=-1]Lots of space
Over 2757.272164 megabytes (and counting) of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.[/SIZE] </td> </tr> </noscript> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="feature-image">
customtime_screenshot.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description"> [SIZE=-1] Pre-date your messages
You tell us what time you would have wanted your email sent, and we'll take care of the rest. Need an email to arrive 6 hours ago? No problem.

Mark as read or unread
Take sending emails to the past one step further. We let you make emails look like they've been read all along.

Make them count
Use your custom time stamped messages wisely -- each Gmail user gets ten per year.

Worry less
Forget your finance reports. Forget your anniversary. We'll make it look like you remembered.

[/SIZE]</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] Man you can send email from all the way back to 4/1/04

[/SIZE]
Is there a limit to how far back I can send email?

Yes. You'll only be able to send email back until April 1, 2004, the day we launched Gmail. If we were to let you send an email from Gmail before Gmail existed, well, that would be like hanging out with your parents before you were born -- crazy talk.
I can send email replies to the NASC group that I never read and PAK will stop yelling at me all the time.

[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]​
<noscript> <table align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="94%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="text-align: left;" valign="top">A Google approach to email. </td><td valign="top"> </td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top" width="75%">
[SIZE=-1] Gmail is a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that email can be more intuitive, efficient, and useful. And maybe even fun. After all, Gmail has:[/SIZE]​
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"><tbody> <tr> <td class="feature-image">
spam_new.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description"> [SIZE=-1]Less spam
Keep unwanted messages out of your inbox with Google's innovative technology[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="feature-image">
cell.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description">[SIZE=-1]Mobile access
Read Gmail on your mobile phone by pointing your phone's web browser to http://gmail.com/app. Learn more[/SIZE] </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="feature-image">
storage.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description"> [SIZE=-1]Lots of space
Over 2757.272164 megabytes (and counting) of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message.[/SIZE] </td> </tr> </tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="90%"><tbody><tr><td class="feature-image">
customtime_screenshot.gif
</td> <td class="feature-description"> [SIZE=-1] Pre-date your messages
You tell us what time you would have wanted your email sent, and we'll take care of the rest. Need an email to arrive 6 hours ago? No problem.

Mark as read or unread
Take sending emails to the past one step further. We let you make emails look like they've been read all along.

Make them count
Use your custom time stamped messages wisely -- each Gmail user gets ten per year.

Worry less
Forget your finance reports. Forget your anniversary. We'll make it look like you remembered.

Learn more about Gmail Custom Time » [/SIZE]</td></tr></tbody></table>
[SIZE=-1]<sup>

</sup>[/SIZE]
[/quote]The people at google are geniuses. This is simple amazing. Tomorrow I'll be able to send email with the date 4/1/08.

:-))</td></tr></tbody></table></noscript>

That is pretty sweet... hotmail doesn't even come close to this. Methinks a gmail account is in order.

Want an invite?

Yeah, definitely. Thanks!

I've been using Gmail since 2005. Nice feature. Can I go back to 1985? Does it use 121 jigawatts of power and a flux capacitor? Do I need a bolt of lightening?

No, read it you can only go back to April 1st, 2004.

Give me your email and I'll send you an invite

Does it use 121 jigawatts of power and a flux capacitor? Do I need a bolt of lightening?

A what? A BOLT OF LIGHTING! lol. I love that movie.

Boy howdy, this could sure could ruin civilization as we know it.

xvart.

This is the best new feature since they added the feature where they would send you a physical copy of your email.

Ironically, I will need to provide you with the email system I was trashing!

PJLong52@hotmail.com

Thanks Ozzy!

A what? A BOLT OF LIGHTING! lol. I love that movie.

Boy howdy, this could sure could ruin civilization as we know it.

xvart.

What I'd like to know is why they ditched the original Jennifer character and went with Lea Thompson. Bowling For Soup expresses my sentiments about 1985 rather succinctly!

the funny thing is reading the testimonials and reviews on the front page.

"I used to be an honest person; but now I don't have to be. It's just so much easier this way. I've gained a lot of productivity by not having to think about doing the 'right' thing."

Todd J., Investment Banker

LOL!

~b

Cool! I wonder if my mom will notice a new email says sent april 1st 2004! But, really is this an april fools day joke or something to send joke mail with?

Strange, the "Set custom time" option doesn't appear on the composition window as advertised. Probably another of GMail's April's Fools jokes...

SSSSSssshhhhhh dont tell people that google always has a April fools joke of some sort...

whoops, too late

mythwalrus_2.jpg

I can send email replies to the NASC group that I never read and PAK will stop yelling at me all the time.

:-))
Read your emails and I won't have to yell at you. :-P-:

I'm so using that myth busted thing as my next avatar.

:-))
Read your emails and I won't have to yell at you. :-P-:

I did. Look at the dates I replied. :banana2:

Back