What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring's finally here (a pic)

It's about time! We had our first positive temperature this week. We have 16 ft of snow to melt before summer.

neigeus3.jpg

Oh my gosh that is craxy the most i get is like 4 inches here... Man how is it growing cp's there?

Wow the most I ever get is about a half inch.

If I lived somewhere like that, I would either kill myself or move as quickly as possible.

hahaha his bog is like under it all under a tarp am I right?

That is awesome. Be careful in case it turns into a glacier and tries to chase you down the street.

Where are you in Quebec? My mother-in-law lives a couple miles from the Quebec border in Vermont and says this has been an epic winter for snow. Whether we've had sun, rain or snow, it has been snow by the time it gets up there.

Wow, that is a lot of snow. Probably not too many sports cars driving around in that weather.

Crazy..... just crazy.... I thought I'd seen it all

Thats nothing, go to the coastal city's of Alaska!

I live in Quebec city, Sainte-Foy.

Nice snow! :)

Why don’t you have a sweater on!?

Why don’t you have a sweater on!?

Because when you live in a place like that long enough you get to the point where you only wear sweaters/coats when the temps drop below 0.

Because when you live in a place like that long enough you get to the point where you only wear sweaters/coats when the temps drop below 0.

yep......so long as the wind isnt blowing this time of year i dont wear a coat till its below zero......havent worn a coat in a couple weeks and we have had several snow storms........always have one in the truck but havent bothered to put it on....you get used to it.....

when i was going to college on the other side of the state we had a bunch of Saudi's going to school there to get petroleum engineering degrees......that was the easiest winter i had ever been through, never got colder than -10....rarely wore a coat and never zipped it up when i did, had the dorm room window open all winter.........course i was used to winters with -40 with out wind chill and the wind howling at 30-50mph........i was nice and protected in a mountain valley with no real wind and warmer temps......the Saudi's thought i was out of my mind walking around campus when it was blizzarding wearing a light sweatshirt...........you just get used to the cold.........the native Montana gals would start sun bathing in bikini's as soon as the snow melted off the south facing hill sides....might have been 45-50 degrees

Aint that the truth. I have not worn a coat in years. It could be below 0 and it still does not bother me. I have grown to like the cold and hate the heat.

I'm the same way Murph; I can tolerate the cold better than the heat.

I think it's a sign of age.......... ;)

^Ditto! I can't stand the heat. When I am older, I moving up north!

heats not bad if yah have enough water........i have worked out in the yard building a rock garden in 105* heat.......aslong as i had a couple gallon jugs of water handy its no biggy....i go from -60* before windchill in Febuary to 100-110* by the end of July.....gotta love the northern plains.............

Yeah I'm only 22 so nothing really bothers me except the heat. I'm just always hot. Try moving furniture in the 100 degree heat wave.

oh my! ive never actually seen snow in person, and that is the biggest/baddest pile of snow ive seen.

all you talking not wearing a coat until below 0, omg! i wear a jacket if t gets 60 here. but its like yall say, you get used to it when you live there. crazy! lol

~b

I think that is a pile from plows right? Still I had a pile that size in front of a store near by and in wasn't until just abut May until it was shorter then me.

Back