User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: not sure where to post this, but I have lots of pictures!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    Heh heh! I see Bog Buddies®!

yeah I ordered a duncecraft kit when I first started growing cp's

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    photobucket -> edit -> resize -> preset sizes -> message board.
    Do it.

Sure, in your album view click the check box on the photos you want to post then on the bottom click the button "Generate HTML and IMG code". From the next page copy and paste the text from the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" box.
    thanks guys, I had edited my posts only to find out I had been logged out the forum and I had to reedit them again
    Quote Originally Posted by bianchi914 View Post
    I really like the freind that the sarrs have nice little lizard toy to keep em company. You darlingtonia look awsome what do you use to grow them?
    it's my first time growing one... it's in a mix of LFS coconut husk and perlite all equal ratios

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    If you want to know where your gecko got to, look in the pot you labeled Sarracenia sp. Sorry but I don't think he made it.

I can't wait until Pak sees your pics, she's going to love them.

By the way if you ever need anybody to kill your Darlintonia, send them to me I'm a master at it.
    don't say that even if you have killed one before, It's not a good thing to be telling yourself. Ever notice people that get hurt alot tend to say things like I'm a klutz.

Quote Originally Posted by theyellowdart View Post
    I noticed the pump for the water in your cobras. What size is it?
    I'm still designing my siphoning method for doing the same thing, cycling water over the roots. When it's finished I'll post a thread for it.
    oh oh it's just an old pump pulled out of a fountain but the water drains into the reservoir about as fast as it gets delivered to the cobra so unless it's rainy the soil is not totally flooded.
    good idea, drill like 6 half inch holes in the bottom of the tray you want to grow the cobra in then put an aquarium divider over the bottom to stop the soil from running out the holes and into the reservoir. the water may turn a little brown but I don't see any peat or moss in the reservoir.

Your S. oreophila is fine. It's waking up from dormancy and pushing out a flower. Pitcher growth should follow in a few weeks if not sooner.
    wrong oreo, my other one died it well it had algae all over the soil and it's rhizome was kinda mushy.
    i kept the soil only moist during dormancy... Why?
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's the new Lowii? I want to be more jealous that I didn't get one!
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyJones View Post
    Where's the new Lowii? I want to be more jealous that I didn't get one!

most if not all of it's leaves turned mushy in shipping it was not cold it was abouve 50F when I got it.
    view my growlist

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    will there ever be something like the cpuk where you post pics and they are automatically scaled down so they are not so large

If you use your membership bonus upload space they would....
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not know that... SWEET!!
    view my growlist

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D_muscipula View Post
    wrong oreo, my other one died it well it had algae all over the soil and it's rhizome was kinda mushy.
    i kept the soil only moist during dormancy... Why?
    It could have been Borytis or Fusarium, fungi that commonly cause rhizome rot in Sarracenia. S. oreophila tend to like slightly drier conditions than most other Sarracenia. Algae could suggest too much moisture or abundance of nutrients. Or perhaps it wasn't prepared for dormancy or the change of conditions were too much for it. It could have been anything.

Upper: S. oreophila typically develop pitcher growth before flowers, but as always with living organisms many of the rules are not hard and fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could have been Borytis or Fusarium, fungi that commonly cause rhizome rot in Sarracenia. S. oreophila tend to like slightly drier conditions than most other Sarracenia. Algae could suggest too much moisture or abundance of nutrients. Or perhaps it wasn't prepared for dormancy or the change of conditions were too much for it. It could have been anything.

Upper: S. oreophila typically develop pitcher growth before flowers, but as always with living organisms many of the rules are not hard and fast.
    should I take an inch of water out of its tray.. I live in western oregon and we get plenty of rain here I could drill a hole alittle bit lower in the water tray and that would become the new water level.
    it has a pitcher developing too.
    view my growlist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123