What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took pictures today, here they are, let me know what you think about my plants and my photography skills.
Click the images for a larger view
sarracenia sp.

S. oreophila
Thanks Blaze, I recieved this plant in a giveaway.

D. nitidula x ericksoniae

D. scorpiodes

D. venusta

N. sanguinea

N. hamata

Windowsill

n. splendiana x (veitchii x tiveyi)
Thanks, I was given this seed by a member of terraforums

Darlingtonia

Thanks again, I was given this darlingtonia by a member of terraforums.. this is a pic of when I first recieved it and potted it up.

Your hamata is sick! The cobra is nice too, what are your growing conditions for it?
If you can, pm me where you purchased the hamata.
-matt

photobucket -> edit -> resize -> preset sizes -> message board.
Do it.

The hamata is in a ten gallon tank under a 15 watt light, humidity 80-90% constantly.
it could use better lighting but it's doing fine it's pitchers are doubling in size and no signs of leaves getting smaller.

Do it.
will there ever be something like the cpuk where you post pics and they are automatically scaled down so they are not so large???

Heh heh! I see Bog Buddies®!

will there ever be something like the cpuk where you post pics and they are automatically scaled down so they are not so large???

Sure, in your album view click the check box on the photos you want to post then on the bottom click the button "Generate HTML and IMG code". From the next page copy and paste the text from the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" box.

wow, its kinda weired. i thought we got our oreophila at the same vendor. yours is flowering, and mine's pitchering(a 2" pitcher) very small

we did but that oreo might have died :( I hope it will pull a phoenix.
Of course I am going to grow oreo from seed I plan on having a bit extra to giveaway on the forum...

Of course I am going to grow oreo from seed I plan on having a bit extra to giveaway to theyellowdart
:woot:

we did but that oreo might have died I hope it will pull a phoenix.
Of course I am going to grow oreo from seed I plan on having a bit extra to giveaway on the forum...
if you think your oreophila's dead, then that means the dixie lace i got from the giveaway is dead, because it looks EXACTLY the same. the flower bud thing's at the same exact position, the leaf thingy curls and looks exactly the same.

I really like the freind that the sarrs have :-)) nice little lizard toy to keep em company. You darlingtonia look awsome what do you use to grow them?

If you want to know where your gecko got to, look in the pot you labeled Sarracenia sp. Sorry but I don't think he made it.

I can't wait until Pak sees your pics, she's going to love them.

By the way if you ever need anybody to kill your Darlintonia, send them to me I'm a master at it.

I noticed the pump for the water in your cobras. What size is it?
I'm still designing my siphoning method for doing the same thing, cycling water over the roots. When it's finished I'll post a thread for it.

Your S. oreophila is fine. It's waking up from dormancy and pushing out a flower. Pitcher growth should follow in a few weeks if not sooner.

we did but that oreo might have died I hope it will pull a phoenix.
Of course I am going to grow oreo from seed I plan on having a bit extra to giveaway to theyellowdart
I never said that :p

Heh heh! I see Bog Buddies®!

yeah I ordered a duncecraft kit when I first started growing cp's

Do it.

Sure, in your album view click the check box on the photos you want to post then on the bottom click the button "Generate HTML and IMG code". From the next page copy and paste the text from the "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended" box.
thanks guys, I had edited my posts only to find out I had been logged out the forum and I had to reedit them again :headwall:
I really like the freind that the sarrs have :-)) nice little lizard toy to keep em company. You darlingtonia look awsome what do you use to grow them?
it's my first time growing one... it's in a mix of LFS coconut husk and perlite all equal ratios

If you want to know where your gecko got to, look in the pot you labeled Sarracenia sp. Sorry but I don't think he made it.

I can't wait until Pak sees your pics, she's going to love them.

By the way if you ever need anybody to kill your Darlintonia, send them to me I'm a master at it.
:nono: don't say that even if you have killed one before, It's not a good thing to be telling yourself. Ever notice people that get hurt alot tend to say things like I'm a klutz.

I noticed the pump for the water in your cobras. What size is it?
I'm still designing my siphoning method for doing the same thing, cycling water over the roots. When it's finished I'll post a thread for it.
oh oh it's just an old pump pulled out of a fountain but the water drains into the reservoir about as fast as it gets delivered to the cobra so unless it's rainy the soil is not totally flooded.
good idea, drill like 6 half inch holes in the bottom of the tray you want to grow the cobra in then put an aquarium divider over the bottom to stop the soil from running out the holes and into the reservoir. the water may turn a little brown but I don't see any peat or moss in the reservoir.

Your S. oreophila is fine. It's waking up from dormancy and pushing out a flower. Pitcher growth should follow in a few weeks if not sooner.
wrong oreo, my other one died it well it had algae all over the soil and it's rhizome was kinda mushy.
i kept the soil only moist during dormancy... Why?

Where's the new Lowii? I want to be more jealous that I didn't get one!

Where's the new Lowii? I want to be more jealous that I didn't get one!

most if not all of it's leaves turned mushy in shipping it was not cold it was abouve 50F when I got it.

If you use your membership bonus upload space they would....

Back