What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Have a Riddle!

• Thread starter bianchi914
  • Start date
lies. google all the way.

Two of the children are missing all their limbs
XD nice try.

Roarbank, there are eight people total, so the woman has three girls and four boys. Add the woman on and you have four girls, four boys.
I win.
Also nice try, but nope. Scotty caught why thats not right. Keep trying.

"A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys. How is this possible?"

Technically that's impossible because you can't have half a person... even if they are all boys (of course there is that logic problem as with selecting gloves in the dark). This riddle made me think of a very common riddle:

Two coins add up to 30 cents. One of them isn't a nickel. What types of coins are they?

If you already knew the answer please don't answer.

I know the answer!

If a woman has 7 children and 1/2 are boys, it is possible cause all of them are boys. Yay, figured it out! :)

-Sara

Two coins add up to 30 cents. One of them isn't a nickel. What types of coins are they?

Oh oh oh oh! I know I know I know! It's because-

Oh. Nevermind... This really isn't a riddle; but, what are the only two words in the english language that have 3 consecutive double letters, i.e. xxyyzz.

xvart.

What crawls in the morning, walks on two legs in the afternoon, and three by night?
If you finished High School you'll probably know this one.

A human being. :) I did finish high school...college too! lol

I got the glove one. And I still don't believe pee would float a wedged ping pong ball. :p

Technically that's impossible because you can't have half a person... even if they are all boys (of course there is that logic problem as with selecting gloves in the dark). This riddle made me think of a very common riddle:

A nickel and a quarter because the only one of them isnt a nickel... took me a while :jester:

bianchi is so googling these.

Oh. Nevermind... This really isn't a riddle; but, what are the only two words in the english language that have 3 consecutive double letters, i.e. xxyyzz.

xvart.

Are they consecutive in the alphabet, or used consecutively? For example could they be AACCEE or would they have to be AABBCC?

bookkeeper.

You have a jug that holds five gallons, and a jug that holds three gallons. You have no other containers, and there are no markings on the jugs. You need to obtain exactly seven gallons of water from a faucet. How can you do it?

Second Problem: You need exactly four gallons. How do you do it?

now puctuate the following sentence so it makes sense: that that it is is that that it is not is not is that it it is
kinda like deciphering DMs posts :jester:

Are they consecutive in the alphabet, or used consecutively? For example could they be AACCEE or would they have to be AABBCC?

Good question. Consecutive in the word order, so AACCEE would be correct.

bookkeeper.

That's one of them. The other should be easy, now.

You have a jug that holds five gallons, and a jug that holds three gallons. You have no other containers, and there are no markings on the jugs. You need to obtain exactly seven gallons of water from a faucet. How can you do it?

Second Problem: You need exactly four gallons. How do you do it?

Time to go watch Die Hard with a Vengence!

now puctuate the following sentence so it makes sense: that that it is is that that it is not is not is that it it is
kinda like deciphering DMs posts :jester:

lol.

xvart.

I would ask him how many walls their were, or what color that seems more logical of a question.

For seven total gallons:
Fill 5-gallon jug. Pour contents in to 3-gal.
Dump the contents of the 3-gal. Pour the remaining contents of the 5-gal (which is 2 gallons) in to the 3-gal.
Fill the 5-gal and you've got a total of 7 gallons. (2 in the 3-gal, and 5 in the 5-gal.)

For four total gallons:
Fill the 3-gal. Dump the contents in to the 5-gal.
Fill the 3-gal again. Dump all of the contents that fit in to the 5-gal. The remainder in the 3-gal is 1 gallon.
Dump the 5-gal. Pour the 1 gallon from the 3-gal in to the 5-gal.
Fill the 3 gal and you've got a total of 4 gallons. (1 in the 5-gal, 3 in the 3-gal.)

Too easy. :)

What crawls in the morning, walks on two legs in the afternoon, and three by night?
If you finished High School you'll probably know this one.

A person. The times of day are metaphorical.

The woman has three boys, three girls, and the seventh child is intersexed. OR another answer is that the seventh child works as a Bearded Lady at a circus.

Est wins.

Two days ago, I was 8. Next year, I'll be 11. How is this possible?

There are two adults and two kids on one side of a river. They need to get across, but they only have one boat that will hold one adult or two children. How can both children and both adults get across?

and the other one is bookkeepers.

how could I be wrong on the woman with eight children one... I was SURE I was right! grumble. I personally sawed one of those kids in half. I win.

Intersexed and/or bearded lady. Or what if the seventh child is a chimera! OR what if it's an intersexed chimeric bearded lady? That's the logical answer.

If you did saw one in half, you'd still have to give one half a sex change, the the legitimacy of the new gender of one half of that person would be pretty arguable.

Two days ago, I was 8. Next year, I'll be 11. How is this possible?
Your some kind of animal? A dog?
There are two adults and two kids on one side of a river. They need to get across, but they only have one boat that will hold one adult or two children. How can both children and both adults get across?
2 children go across first, one comes back.
One adult goes across, child on the other side comes back
Both children go back across, one comes back.
Other adult goes across, the other child comes back.
Lastly, both children go across.
:rolleyes: too easy

If a woman has 7 children and 1/2 are boys, it is possible cause all of them are boys. Yay, figured it out! :)
-Sara
Good job :)
The woman has three boys, three girls, and the seventh child is intersexed. OR another answer is that the seventh child works as a Bearded Lady at a circus.
ROFL. im tempted to give you points just cause i like your answer, but CPsinSC got it on page 5.
They are all boys, Half of them are boys, and the other half is too.

Keep 'um coming.

The woman has three boys, three girls, and the seventh child is intersexed. OR another answer is that the seventh child works as a Bearded Lady at a circus

ROFL

Back