What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My collection is starting to grow pretty well now. I figured I'd take some pics to help me document their growth. There pretty low quality and my camera skills are terrible (I was gonna post some pics of my capensis and binata too but I couldn't get the camera to focus and they were blurry) so don't tear me on picture quality, i already know i'm bad. The adlae was a lowes rescue along with both the flytraps. The highland truncata was more colorful but I moved it and now it gets less light. The one pitcher is just about to open. The fourth pic's a pic of my attempt at growing live spagnum moss. I found a couple small peices and I'm gonna see if I can grow them. On a side note is their something about sarrs that helps live spagnum grow? All of it I've found has been around sarr rhizomes. It grows better there than when i try and grow it on purpose. The fifth is a judith hiindle Lowes rescue. I've been groing it in the house and it's really taken off. It came with the small ones and has grown the big ones since I've had it. The sixth is my bellii and amp. the seventh is my bellii up close. It just opened that pitcher today while I was at school. Sorry about that pic I took it upside down. The eighth ( Tangent Alert! I just had to google how to spell eighth lol:-)) . And they call me an honors student. I must be more tired than i thought. At least I hope its cause i'm tired.) is a pic of my HL truncata photo shopped. I took it awhile ago but i think it looks kinda cool. The last is a sanguinea I got from Andy. It's great! Some ants found their way into the house and found it. I think I only saw three today. The pithcers are full of them. It's a beautiful plant and if you haven't got one yet you should. Well, hopefully more pics to come in the future.

Just to avoid making another thread does anyone know if it's normal/common for a capensis to send out a flower stalk diagonally ( to the point of almost being horizontal) instead of vertically? I hope my flower stalk makes it cause I'd like some more plants
-Max

Wonderful looking plants, my friend. Is that a baby N. merilliana or a baby N. bellii in the 4th picture down on the right?

beautiful picture, you take better pitcher than me, i use a 5.1megapixel digital camera and everything that i try to take closeup gets blurry because my hand shakes. so i take like 10 of the same picture and delete the one that's blurry after.

Looks like you are growing some nice plants. Keep it up!

LLeopardGGecko
I bought it as a bellii so I'm assuming that's what it is but if I remember right the plants are similar so maybe the nursrey got confused. However I got an amp from the same place and I'm not completely convinced it's an amp because pitcher lid seems wrong. I guess time will tell on them both.

Though the photo is blurry, it looks as though you're trying to grow star moss.

It's hard to tell but it does not look like sphag moss........
07confused.gif

I think you're right about it not being spaghnum. At least partially anyway. Theres actually a little peice of what im pretty sure is sphagnum in their as well. I assumed they were both different types of sphagnum since the only type of moss I've heard of associated with cp's is sphagnum. but now that you brought it up I don't think the one is. The real sphagnum grows in my terrarium pretty well. The other stuff is whats growing with the sarrs. It won't hurt them will it?

If that moss looks like this:
DSCN0130.jpg

You should eradicate it immediately.

phissionkorps
I think it may have been that type pf moss. I got rid of it and pulled every thing I saw out from around my sarrs with tweezers. Good thing there wasn't much yet. I hope it doesn't come back.

Took a couple more pics. The first pic's a baby binata multifida. The second's a capensis all red from andy. If you look close you can see the flower stalk I was taking about. The third is some sarr divisions I got. One's sending up 5 flowers. The last is a filformis I got from ozzy's giveaway. I'm not sure on the subspecies on it.

Nice plants, especially the cape, binata, and the adelae.

Back