What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well $90 worth of plants showed up..................

one of my spring plant orders showed up 2 weeks earlier than i was planning on, to early to put them outside yet:

plants.jpg

left to right is a bare root white currant, female seaberry "Sunny", male seaberry, arctic raspberry 'Anna', thimbleberry and another arctic raspberry i forget the cultivar......granted $17 of than $90 was shipping..............also thought i had ordered more from this place? must be wrong and ordered them from the other place...........

one of the arctic raspberries.....unfortunately only one is blooming at the moment or i could cross pollinate them and have the first raspberry of the year before May :grin:

alpineraspberry.jpg

alpineraspberry2.jpg

Nice. What are they hardy to? I just planted some strawberry roots outside yesterday in a big ol whiskey barrell. Is it just me or does strawberry + whiskey sound oddly delicious?

everything above but maybe the current should be hardy to zone 2.....the current is hardy to zone 2 or 3...........

Very cool. Looks to be some Pinguicula and a couple of Drosera binata in the background :)

yeah those are the weeds banished from my basement collection that i dont care if lil kids man handle here at the office

It hurts, but I'd think about cutting off all that green growth and letting the plants start over. Unless you can give them a real gentle transition to the outdoor world, much of the green will probably be lost, after sucking more energy from the plant. Even if you do try to keep the growth going, which is what I'd likely end up doing, pick all the flowers off because you want the plants to focus their attention on growing roots, not fruit.

yeah your likely right.....rather curious as to how well the alpine raspberrys will take such a hack-back.......if they were regular raspberries i wouldnt think much about it but these dont grow quite like their larger cousins

Back