What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool pictures from this week's Science Times

I saw the gecko in the first image and was hoping that the rest of the slide show was also jungle-related; sadly it was not. But the gecko was cool enough that I had to share the link anyway (and the other stuff is neat too!)

This guy has possibly the coolest eyes of any animal I've ever seen... I'm actually really curious as to how they work...
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008/04/11/science/041108Sciencepix_index.html

Sweet gecko! I'm an astronomy buff; but, even I agree with you about the rest of the slides. Fairly disappointing compared to the first picture.

xvart.

Lol, it reminds me of the budweiser commercial. "Wazz up!" XD

I think the leaf tailed geckos of all kinds are some of the coolest animals around. I really want to get myself a nice collection of them.

I can't believe that thing is real. Crazy.

Xvart? Astronomy? I love it too. If you go to the hubble space telescope site, you get see a super high res. photo of that Omega Centauri star cluster, and it is really spectacular.

I stopped being lazy and got a link...

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2008/14/image/a/

Xvart? Astronomy? I love it too. If you go to the hubble space telescope site, you get see a super high res. photo of that Omega Centauri star cluster, and it is really spectacular.

Sweet site. I've downloaded several of the "highest quality downloadable images" now. I love the warning:

These images should be downloaded, not viewed with a browser. Even though the file sizes may be small, the number of pixels these images contain can be problematic for a browser. The image may not appear, it may cause your Web browser to lock up, or it may crash your computer.

lol! Talk about awesome. That's the way it should be. Thanks for sharing that link. I used to view astronomy picture of the day website pretty regularly.

xvart.

Zomg, I loves astronomy, and since I live near NASA, I hope to work there some day. DaveyJones, that's an awesome pitcure!

My favorite pictures of all are the Hubble deep field photos with the thousands of galaxies. They make me feel so tiny and insignificant.

That gecko is awsome! Although the flies kinda creep me out :S

They make me feel so tiny and insignificant.

That's because you are! :-)) Just kidding. Although, macroscopically, you (and I) are not... lol.

xvart.

It's eyes look like marbles. It's so cool!

Back