What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

well..........after 4 nights of classes, a field day and a test.......

i can now bowhunt in Montana :grin: spent 12 hours in the classroom, a couple hours out in the field following "blood trails" and guestimating distances and 20 minutes taking the test, which i scored perfectly on.........now just gotta finish setting up my bow, practice my arse off with it, teach my wife how to bugle like an elk and we will head out seeing if i cant get close enough to a 1000 pound critter to take it with a pointy stick this fall........should be tons of fun if nothing else :grin:

You know, there is a name for people who like to poke potentially dangerous large animals with pointy sticks...

Stupid

:jester: :poke:

:grin: thats why the wife will be calling them in :grin: my father in law keeps saying i should take the bow bear hunting......not sure how im supposed to take that suggestion ???

Bowhunting - Awesome. What sort of range do you get? I'm assuming you use a compound bow?

teach my wife how to bugle like an elk

Now you don't hear that everyday...

xvart.

lol the wife and i hunt together, figure it will be easier to teach her how to use the calls instead of me so i dont have to figure out how to run both the calls and keep my bow ready for a shot.

as for the bow, its an old Bear compound that i picked up used cheap......have to get a new arrow rest and sight for it yet. as for range......do yah mean what the bow is capable of or me :grin: im sure the bow can pull off 70 yard shots but ill be happy if im ready for a 25 yard shot this fall.....

:grin: thats why the wife will be calling them in :grin: my father in law keeps saying i should take the bow bear hunting......not sure how im supposed to take that suggestion ???

Sounds like your father-in-law is looking for a new son-in-law LOL

Hunting for rocks is more fun. :)

no its not.....i do both.....actually PAK i think you would get a kick out of bowhunting even if it was just as a tag along......i HIGHLY doubt ill get anything this year but it should be fun trying......lots of doing your damndest on sneaking in on a critter as close as you can and minimal shooting.....nothing like sneaking up on a critter like an elk so close yah hear them breathing........its an absolute blast.....and frustrating as hell at the same time trying to get a shot....

Back