What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some 4H madness

I took some of my neps and drosera to 4h for the little kids like 1st grade to 5th.
So there were bunnies,free coniferous trees,owls(yes injured owls who can never fly again)
and so on. Well if anyone EVER takes plants to a 4H thing or a public place remember little kids like 10 and under mostly 8 and under are compulsive touchers of things my dews are not dewy none of my plants are damaged or anything :) Next time they will be in tanks Capensis will be the plant for them to touch :jester: I met the principle of the school she has a cold salt water invert tank at the school,has a 12 gallon nano with 2 clowns,a small CUC, awesome LR,
2 anemones and some shrooms. At her house she has a 500 gallon reef with like 1500 watts of MH lighting she has not changed the water for 4 years she says she bought 500 pounds of LR she says it is pretty self sustaining. So yay ! I may have someone I can adsk Qs about since she may have some extra frags for sale and maybe she (she was a clown breeder for awhile) has some extra clowns for sale. All in all she gave me lots of advice and gave me tips on saving money.

hahaha stripped of their dew one finger at a time.

Yep there kinda ferocious the rabbit that was velvet soft that no one was holding for the little kids to pet then I started holding the bunny kept them busy :D I'm happy about meeting the women with the experience I need to get an email and ask more questions.

I used to sell cp's at a flea market, and there are ways to keep people from touching everything. I could spend all night telling about things I did to people.

One of the funniest and probably dumbest on my part was to a black man that was about 6'5 and about 240lbs. It was one of those unplanned things you do without any thought at all, almost like a reflex.

Anyway I could see he was really nervous about getting near the plants. For whatever reason black people seem to be more scared about things they don't understand than other races, and the printouts I had of cartoon vft's with blood dripping fangs didn't help him either I'm sure. I sat there quite listening to his GF/wife telling him to touch a vft. He was worried about it biting his finger. He would put his finger close to the plant and then chicken out. He finally got up the nerve to touch one of the traps. About the time he touch the plant, I kicked the table. He screamed and ran to the other side of the isle. His gf/wife laughed and told him he screamed like a little girl.

Like I said, I didn't plan to kicked the table, it was just something I did without even thinking that embarrassing him not only in front of his woman, but countless people around him could have really pissed him off. Luckily he had a good sense of humor and laughed about it.

If you show cp's to a lot of people you will also hear some very dumb comments. The dumbest thing I heard was from a man that was looking at my vft's. He said "I didn't know they still made those."

Lol that story is awesome. Scaring people never gets old.

Back