What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm back! Inquiry as well...

Hello,
Man, it's been a looong time since I have been on terra forums.. anyway, I was wondering if anyone in or from the state of michigan has any knowledge on cp's best suitedfor the climate here. Looking mainly for feedback on nepenthes too, looking to have some lowlanders outside for the summer... inside for winter, other stuff like that. thanks,

Welcome back!

Welcome back,

I used to live in Michigan and did a lot of research on the plants that grow well there.

D. aotundifolia, D. intermedia, D. anglica, P. vulgaris, S. purpurea are all native plants and grow well outside if properly mulched in winter. VFT's also do well and can be acclimated to growing outside year round, in fact there is supposedly a small "wild" population in the U.P. somewhere. Neps you are going to have to grow inside, that winter in Michigan is a degree or two too cold for them to grow outside.

Back