What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Plants!

WOOT! I got even more new CPs! I hope they acclimate very soon.

Here is the Cephalotus that Andy sent me (when you said it was a small division, you weren't kidding XD):
SN850785.jpg

SN850791.jpg

U. dichotoma:
SN850790.jpg

D. capensis 'red':
SN850789.jpg

N. ventricosa 'red':
SN850788.jpg

And I would show my P. primuliflora, but my camera died :p.

Nice!
That has to be the smallest ceph I've ever seen!

-Matt

Nice looks like you are building up your collection pretty fast. :-D

Nah- there are smaller ones haha they actually were looking pretty good.. then by removing the shade cloth of the g/h the trays dried faster than i was expecting.. so they died back just after I told ozzy to list them... They came back pretty quick. The one I sent the other guy looked pretty bad when I shipped it... but I'm sure it came back just as all my others did. Although I've never heard from him either way ???

Small or not, enjoy the free ceph, huh? ;-) You didn't even have to pay shipping, now THAT is a deal.

Haha...Andy. Are you talking about the ceph you sent me? It's definitely smaller than that one! It looks pretty much the same as when you sent it. Can they pretty much take all the fluorescent light that you throw at them?

NO don't throw lights at them. They are small and if the light hits them it could damage the plant. Just put the plant under the light.

Yah, yours... I didn't have a chance to "help" yours out since you paid so quick lol but surely it shoulda been up to the quality of this one by now. all my others are (2 flats worth) I have them in the sun, so I would think it could take ALOT.

Edit: here is what they looked like when I offered them to ozzy for the giveaway... I don't keep them as dry as most people say to... when they do get "dryer" they end up like what you guys have lol. Especially when they're small like this.

0131080912.jpg

I put my seedling Cephalotus on my top shelf while water my plants one day and forgot to move it back for three days to a week. When I discovered it, it was dry and looking pretty poor. It's coming back now. They are tough, but slow.

xvart.

I have to put water in them daily now that it is warmer... I skipped 2 days and they died almost all the way back. I also missed one day just before that and they were not too happy. lol I make sure they get it now. Before I was watering them every 4-6 days.

I agree though, they are strong :) And they actually seem to perk back up pretty quick to me when small. larger ones seem to take longer.

Back