What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Darn Shroomers - get outta my yard!"

eh.....not bad if i do everything im supposed to.....helping lots with the normal day to day pain but doesnt seem to affect them acting like a barometer..........every time the air pressure starts dropping like a stone or rising faster than hell i want to go up to the ER and ask for a morphine drip............

Well what difference does it make if it is called "under the influence" or "rainbow ride"? Same thing.

I dont know why some people say that this is so great and necessary for anything. I have revelations, found god, and made personal discoveries and I never once needed the help of any chemical to obtain such things.

Where was God hiding?

Rattler, I don't think there's any way to tell you what using psychedlics is like, it's something you have to go through. It's unlike anything else. The horror stories of the MK Ultra programs and such were propagated because people were being administered LSD without their knowledge and this probably would cause one to think the've gone bonkers and could indeed cause life-long psychosis. However, taken with the participants knowledge and in good company it can be very emotionally, spiritually and mentally rewarding. I've never had a bad trip, as in frightening or anything like that when I did LSD in the old days. Basically, if you're not afraid of your own mind and you have a strong will, you'll be perfectly fine and there are a lot of mental experiments you can perform.

Where was God hiding?

A box of Cheez-it white cheddar crackers. Quite clever, I kind of stumbled upon him.

Washington state is good for mushroom hunting. Around Mt. Baker is particularly good for chanterelles. The Skagit valley is good for morels. As for a little psiliness cow pastures and the UDub campus are prime spots - what is it about BS?

I just heard on NPR that Mr. Hoffman passed away at the age of 102. The accidental inventor of LSD. I guess he wasn't too bad off to live that long.

Last week there was a great documentary on either the History or Discovery Channels, "Peyote to LSD: A Botanical Journey through Ethnogens". It had a short video clip interview with Albert Hoffman.

it was on the History channel.....watched part of it at my boss's house when we were on that side of the state a week or so ago..........was a good program from what i saw of it.....

ill take your word on it swords as far as taking them.......not really something im interested in in the least.......but as i said if yah enjoy it and it can only hurt you im all for you having the right to do it.....

Just because he invented, it does not mean he used it.

I can't imagine what his "first contact" would have been like- I have read the book "LSD- My Problem Child" and it is pretty damn interesting. The story about the actual discovery is interesting- mostly cos having experienced the stuff a bunch of times, I can't believe how "scientific" the dude was about the whole thing, it kinda reads like Mr.Spock on acid, sitting there and saying "Fascinating" while trying to write down as much detail as he could, cos for someone with a fairly active/inquiring/logical mind walking into something like that would REALLY be something

As for mushrooms, I think I missed my secret stand of morels, and I don't know where/when the puffballs are hereabouts. The morels are on odd thing, once we went for a walk in a place we frequent, and while walking along the side of a river my wife (not technically married btw but acording to the taxman we're married damit) pointed out something in the underbrush near the roadside. I'd never seen one in real life before but knew IMMEDIATELY what it was- we picked 2 full shopping bags of them and rushed home, I checked the 'net thoroughly and found the only thing that looks anything like 'em is called a "false morel" which would probably give you a stomachache- however, the "false" ones were REALLY obviously not what we had collected.

We cooked 'em with some onions salt and pepper and I swear 2 whole bags reduced down to practically nothing... but a totally damn DELICIOUS practicaly nothing

Oh well, might find 'em again still, gonna have to check tomorrow :D

if yah find a good secret stand of morels dont pick them all.....in a few years you can about harvest them out and then theres none.....some morel hunters used mesh bags due to the thought it will allow spores out while being carried around to reseed the area they are collecting from........

ALWAYS USE MESH BAGS WHEN COLLECTING MORELS!! It does spread spores. A lot of people use plastic bags and have seen the numbers of morels drop so always use mesh bags like onion sacks etc.

just to join this thread. magic mushrooms and lsd etc are nothing like a hallucination under a fever

u can have good trips and you can have bad trips.

LSD there is 2 recorded deaths, i dont want to say dangerous but it could change your life good or bad.

i am completly for becoming more enlightened with the use of magic mushrooms and lsd etc.

i am not in favor of stupid kids going around and tripping of mushrooms and lsd just doing it to see "funny things".

people forget that just about every religion was started by the use of hallucinagens. including christianity.

people forget that just about every religion was started by the use of hallucinagens. including christianity.
x2

I could never hallucinogens...I'd probably kill myself somehow.

I guess WA magic mushrooms aren't growing on cow poop. That's where the southern ones grew. As for the other kind of mushrooms, different ones are ready in different parts of the year (and in different areas).

Psilocybin mushrooms are closely associated with the droppings of rumanants in the Pacific Northwest, especially caribou or reindeer. Reindeer are almost addicted to psilocybin.

Since psilocybin doesn't metabolize well one of the native customs is to pass around and drink the urine of a previous imbiber. Reindeer aware of this fact and probably aided by a good sense of smell have been known to attack imbibers for their urine while relieving themselves.

Now you know why Rudolph's nose was so bright.

Albert Hoffman spilled LSD on himself when he was working with the extract and had effects. The next day he intentionally took a dose, far larger than one actually needs to receive effects and wrote about the experience. Thus he was both the inventor and first intentional user. However, it has been decided by many historians that the witchcrazes and other mass-hallucinations throughout history can be attributed to Ergot poisoning from ingesting rye bread infected with Ergot fungus - which is where LSD is/was originally extracted and concentrated from.

Herenorthere, there are both dung/grain loving species such as (P. cubensis) and wood loving species (P. cyanascens). These are not the only Ps. species but rather the most common (P. cube) and most psychoactive (P. cyan). I cite this from Paul Stamets and his monograph Psilicybin Mushrooms of the World.

All the kids around here hunt for mushrooms in other peoples' closets and under their beds lol (these kids have more tupperware than Martha Stewart).

Anywho, mushrooms can definitely be more relaxing than acid. It doesn't matter how seasoned or tolerant you are, if you take too many strong doses you can easily bad trip. I had one friend get his tongue puddled with about 20 drops and it made him temporarily psycho. He was even institutionalized for a short while. The guy was in a near-paralytic state while trippin' and wasn't capable of speech. He had also been doing acid religiously prior to that experience and his tolerance was up, but it wasn't enough. To those of you who think bad trips are just a product of bad environmental factors, I must say you are wrong. There is a certain scariness that sets in when reality completely fails you, and 3 hours into your trip you realize it's only gonna get more intense and last for about 5 more hours. All in all, acid is what you make of it (meaning-wise)... It's a false sense of connectedness and understanding. I had the whole universe figured out once, and a few hours later, I couldn't even remember it. After so many trips you begin to realize the euphoric feelings and awe-inspiring realizations are so fake that it's purely a recreational mind/time killer. Not the worst way to spend ~8 hours though (definitely not the best either).

Back